Australia Visit

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Australia Visit

Postby monik7 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:20 am

This will be my last post about my trip to Australia with my daughter. Tomorrow, Tuesday, we will head home. We had a wonderful time. I’m including the last pictures I took today while we drove the Great Ocean Road which goes along Australia’s southern coast. We’ve come as far as Melbourne so we can leave tomorrow from the airport. Most of them are self-explanatory showing the uniqueness and beauty of south Australia.

This was originally called the London Arch. However, on January 15, 1990, the arch closest to the mainland collapsed. At the time, two cousins were standing on the arch as it began to crumble beneath them. They ran out to the second arch way and remained there until they were rescued by a TV station helicopter hours later, after it first got some great footage.
These are the Twelve Apostles formed millions of years ago, but sadly over time, the number of stacks have dropped. With the continuous erosion of sea water and weather slowly cutting them away until these apostles will eventually cease to exist. The rock stacks are the temporary remnants of a retreating limestone coastline, formed from a mixture of sand and sea-shells deposited in an ancient seabed, and later compressed, millions of years ago. Under constant attack by the sea the cliff faces are being eroded at a rate of about two centimeters per year.
Thank you for opportunity to share our wonderful trip to Australia.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Redetotry » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:23 am

Sandi, Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful vacation. I had no idea Australia was so beautiful. I loved your narrative along with the pictures it's hard to grasp how long the world has been here. Have a safe journey home.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:20 am

Oh, Sandi, thank you for sharing the treasures of Australia with us.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:40 pm

when I hear of Australia I hear about the wilds of the country... the snakes, the gater's, the over the top bad boys... have loved to see the pictures you have sent of a totally different country .... be safe returning home
sheila
snowball

Postby Irmi » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:03 am

Sandi, thank you for sharing your trip with us. The pictures you took are spectacular. Have a safe trip back.
Irmi

Postby Shirlv » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:13 pm

Sandi, just found your pictures and enjoyed each one. Glad you are home safe
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby asirimarco » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:35 pm

Great pictures. A trip to remember.
asirimarco