Thank you to all who stay in touch

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Thank you to all who stay in touch

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:50 pm

Just today I learned that Alice Lindsey, a solo woman who went to Quartzite most winters, died the end of March. She'd been struggling the last time I saw her in Q, sold her little trailer and headed east to be near family, but then pretty much lost contact with all of us. I know I'm a pest to some of you when you don't post, but I'd hate to lose anyone here that drops out. I know our struggles can become harder and maybe even feel insurmountable sometimes. Some of us have families to support, some don't, but this amazing group has always been so supportive and I thank each of you. So for anyone reading this that I still pester, please know it's from love. And to those, like Lyn, who came back and is posting regularly again, thank you.

If we can do anything, it can be to continually support each other!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Thank you to all who stay in touch

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:34 pm

This is so true When people dont post for a while we do miss them and wonder if they are okay. I think it only takes a couple of minutes to post a "HI not much going on here but a good day" or something similar. I know so many read but just never take the time to say a word or two to the rest of us. I am happy for this forum and able to keep track of my friends on here. Great place to share information of all kinds. If you watched a good movie, read a book, cooked something, need something just post, someone will answer. Lots of tips on here.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby monik7 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:40 pm

I agree. I try to post in response to others. My life is pretty boring so there’s little to post in that respect. In addition, I don’t cook for just me so I can’t offer anything there. But I read every day and will check in often. I love hearing what you’re all doing and will always offer my support.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:25 am

When Kerry tagged me with that news it made me sad I thought we had been good friends... then it's like she dropped off the land... I thought I saw her post a like the other day but since it was just the other day it either wasn't her or it was one of those that shuffles through... or someone is using her name...
I think part of it is that those of us not living in an RV right now wonder what we have to offer as it started out so totally RV minded... remember the "old" one and we had a moniter who was a guy :lol: :o and he totally didn't know what to do with women I don't think...
I'm with Beth so many I miss hearing from and yes some of those I do keep up with on FB but really this is my go to place... it is much more cozy or family or whatever the term is...
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:32 am

I'm always glad to read about what each of you are doing. I miss those who drop out or just don't post.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:23 am

Sorry to here about the loss of an RV friend to some of you

I've been really bad about posting, but like others, if I'm not traveling, I feel I don't have much to contribute. I'll try to do better.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Othersharon » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:06 pm

Beth, thanks for the reminder.I have to agree that the forum is a cozy place. I usually check it first thing in the morning and although I haven’t met a lot of you I do feel like I can reach out to friends. Beth, thank you for all you do for us every day!
Othersharon

Postby Redetotry » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:58 am

Is Alice the one who drove a school bus? I have a hard time remembering real names. I'm sorry to hear she passed. I too feel as though we are all friends who care about each other whether or not we have met in person.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Redetotry » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:02 am

snowball wrote:When Kerry tagged me with that news it made me sad I thought we had been good friends... then it's like she dropped off the land... I thought I saw her post a like the other day but since it was just the other day it either wasn't her or it was one of those that shuffles through... or someone is using her name...
I think part of it is that those of us not living in an RV right now wonder what we have to offer as it started out so totally RV minded... remember the "old" one and we had a moniter who was a guy :lol: :o and he totally didn't know what to do with women I don't think...
I'm with Beth so many I miss hearing from and yes some of those I do keep up with on FB but really this is my go to place... it is much more cozy or family or whatever the term is...
sheila

I also remember the 'old' forum and the guy who was the moderator! He was terrible!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:32 am

Redetotry wrote:Is Alice the one who drove a school bus? I have a hard time remembering real names. I'm sorry to hear she passed. I too feel as though we are all friends who care about each other whether or not we have met in person.

No, that Alice is still with us.

And, yes to your comment about the guy who "managed" the women's forum we first started on. :lol:
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:03 am

Late to the party here.

Like many of us, I don't travel much anymore. For one reason or another.

Whatever.

But just so you all know, this Forum has been an absolute Godsend to me, especially during the pandemic. I can - and do - share my thoughts and fears and joys about many (BORING!) things in my life.

I wish more of you would share more as well - I'm not talking particularly about personal stuff - although that is welcome too - but just stuff about your everyday lives. What gets you up in the morning, what gets you to bed at night.

What gives you hope. What gives you joy. What gives you tears.

I'm guessing that many on here have fears about the not-so-golden years most of us are now living through.

Sharing the small (or major!) triumphs and small (or major!) defeats of your everyday lives makes me feel - and lets me know - that I am not alone in this journey.

Thank you, all.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby snowball » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:50 am

I also remember the 'old' forum and the guy who was the moderator! He was terrible![/quote]

He was that good????
sheila
snowball

Postby Colliemom » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:06 am

I too miss some of those we haven’t heard from. I look forward to reading the posts everyday. And yes, Shelia, we have gotten away from the “RV” part of it, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have a lot of experience and info we can offer inquiring minds. We are just retired RVers who decided it was time to “hang up the keys”. Some for health reasons, other just because we decided it was time. And yes Anne, we all have those fears about where our “golden years” will lead us. But as long as we have our health and can keep putting one foot in front of the other, we keep going. Things have a way of falling into place when we least expect it. And Sharing our hope, fears, triumphs, troubles, etc. on here helps a lot too as you said. And we are good for some laughs

We, the “Elderly” and

We grew up in the 40s-50s-60.
We studied in the 50s-60s-70s.
We dated in the 50s-60s-70s.
We got married and discovered the world in the 60s-70s-80s.
We ventured into the 70s-80s.
We stabilized in the 90s.
We got wiser in the 2000s.
And went firmly through the 2010s.
Turns out we’ve lived through NINE different decades…

TWO different centuries…

TWO different millennia…

We have gone from the telephone with an operator for long-distance calls to video calls to anywhere in the world, we have gone from slides to YouTube, from vinyl records to online music, from handwritten letters to email and WhatsApp…
From live matches on the radio, to black and white TV, and then to HDTV…
We went to Blockbuster and now we watch Netflix…
We got to know the first computers, punch cards, diskettes and now we have gigabytes and megabytes in hand on our cell phones or iPads…
We wore shorts throughout our childhood and then long pants, oxfords, Bermuda shorts, etc.
We dodged infantile paralysis, meningitis, H1N1 flu and now COVID-19…
We rode skates, tricycles, invented cars, bicycles, mopeds, gasoline or diesel cars and now we ride hybrids or 100% electric…
Yes, we’ve been through a lot but what a great life we’ve had!

They could describe us as “exennials” people who were born in that world of the fifties, who had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood.

We’re kind of Ya-seen-it-all.

Our generation has literally lived through and witnessed more than any other in every dimension of life.

It is our generation that has literally adapted to “CHANGE”.

Not the all of us are here yet, but ….. A big round of applause to all the members of a very special generation, which are UNIQUE.

TIME DOES NOT STOP

Life is a task that we do ourselves every day.

When you look… it’s already six in the afternoon; when you look… it’s already Friday; when one looks… the month is over; when one looks… the year is over; when one looks… 50, 60, 70 and 80 years have passed!
When you look… we no longer know where our friends are.
When you look… we lost the love of our life and now, it’s too late to go back.
Do not stop doing something you like due to lack of time.

Do not stop having someone by your side, because your children will soon not be yours, and you will have to do something with that remaining time, where the only thing that we are going to miss will be the space that can only be enjoyed with the usual friends. This time that, unfortunately, never returns…

And I might add, that we became Women who dared to turn away our fears and become RVers, learning how to drive a MH or pull that trailer, worked through trials and tribulations of owning them, becoming confident we can handle anything life throws at us, learned a new lifestyle, made new friends and a lifetime of memories we will never forget.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Cudedog » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:49 am

OMG, Sue, that was so very beautiful.

Your words actually brought me to tears.

It is easy to forget the great width and breadth of our lives, when the daily grind of minutiae starves our thoughts of time to reflect and remember.

Thank you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:07 pm

Yes, we all just took it instride what we were doing was normal. I remember several remarks made to us by people who didn’t understand! I’m sure we all have those memories! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Next

Return to General Talk