Thank you to all who stay in touch

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Thank you to all who stay in touch

Postby monik7 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:15 pm

I really enjoyed your post Sue. Thank you.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Based on Lyn's comment, I am going to open a new thread on funny things people have said to us while we were RVing.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:45 pm

Sue, your addition to that is beautiful. People today don't have a clue what it was like for us when we started rving. I still get very frustrated with women who won't drive or need to quit or stop if they'd have to do it alone. But things have certainly improved and we can all take credit for that.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:20 pm

Steven and I travelled over 3 years before I knew there were women who RV'd alone! I was one who never thought of doing it alone! The singles' forum opened up a whole new world.
Anita
chalet05

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:48 am

It is true that many of us just read the posts but don't comment much. That would be me! I do read it, but really don't have much to say and I have not met many of you. But I do enjoy reading the comments.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby Cudedog » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:03 am

gypsyrose1126 wrote:It is true that many of us just read the posts but don't comment much. That would be me! I do read it, but really don't have much to say and I have not met many of you. But I do enjoy reading the comments.

I would just like to say - us regular "posters" 100% appreciate all of you "readers" out there.

Thank you!

For myself, I have personally met only two or three on here - that's it (and this many years ago!!).

On the other hand (and I don't mean this in any judgmental way, this is just generally how the world works) if only a few participate (at anything - "posters" on here, for example), it gradually becomes fewer as time goes on.

And then fewer still. . . until there is no one.

I would just very respectfully suggest that those who might be "just readers" (and enjoy reading!) out there it would be interesting - and fun - and just help to add to the feeling of "community" we have here - if "just readers" would - please - post. If only once in a while.

We "posters" really do like to hear from you too. . . whether it is about your dog, or your cat. Or maybe the bothersome leaves falling in your yard. Or when you just now saw the first snowflake of the season flutter down from the sky.

Or maybe just that your washing machine didn't get your clothes all the way clean this time. . . or maybe your washing machine got your clothes cleaner than usual!

It's all good. :D

Trust me on this!!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:46 am

I agree with Anne, just post something not even every day but at least once a week would help keep this forum viable. I post frequently but dont have an exciting life. I post my chores, my meals, recipes, what I will do today. If you dont care you can scroll on by if you choose.
I have made many friends on here over many years. Met some in person and have just forged friendships whether it be online or in person. I no longer RV but not willing to give up the ones who do still travel. Those of us that have retired RV living/camping still have knowledge to share and plenty of encouragement to give.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:10 pm

Rosemary, to echo Anne and Karen, every post is welcomed. I rarely have anything exciting to post and everyone probably gets tired of me talking about Ty, but I know how much I appreciate everything. We're family and the mundane is fine here. So, everyone reading, please post more often.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:43 pm

I know many of us don't have a lot of excitement to post, but I especially enjoy posts that bring up subjects that give us food for thought or brings a memory to mind. The current thread of funny things said to us as women RVers is fun. As we go into the holidays, maybe a thread on fun holiday memories?
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:22 pm

chalet05 wrote:I know many of us don't have a lot of excitement to post, but I especially enjoy posts that bring up subjects that give us food for thought or brings a memory to mind. The current thread of funny things said to us as women RVers is fun. As we go into the holidays, maybe a thread on fun holiday memories?

You should start one.
Beth
Bethers

Previous

Return to General Talk