New Gaylord RV Park

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

New Gaylord RV Park

Postby Colliemom » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:54 pm

Tbere’s a new RV Park being built east of Gaylord, but I’m sure it won’t be cheap to Stsy at. More for those who want to perhaps Stsy the summer, or a month or whatever. But you certainly won’t lack for anything and within a bike ride to town.

https://www.petoskeynews.com/story/news ... 643557007/
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: New Gaylord RV Park

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:10 am

Every campground is expensive now! Especially if they have any extra amenities. Those places are OK for occasional weekends but not for full-timers on a budget. It all adds up quick. Something I need to be very mindful of when I hit the road. Will be checking all the apps to find the cheap/free places for boondocking.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:13 pm

Barbie, I always first look for COE or other government campgrounds where I want to go. These almost always have electric and often have water, and cost anywhere from $8 - $15 a night for seniors with the federal pass. And I have found that many of these sites do not charge me a reservation or even a cancellation fee!

You can also try Forest Service sites, but normally there is no electric and you have to bring your own water. Feel free to check with people like me who full-time when you are making your plans. Beth also is an expert at finding cheap places.

Sandusky, OH, is the home to Cedar Pointe amusement park, well known for its big coasters. My son has a condo there, but I cannot park overnight at his place. So I try the nearby state park, where I get a 50% discount Sunday through Thursday and 10% off on weekends. Mostly on weekends, it costs me about $32, whihc is a LOT better than the new place they just built in downtown Sandusky overlooking the harbor. Would you believe $130 per night for weekends?????????????????

I changed my reservations in Monroe, MI, for this coming weekend so I could spend a couple of days with my son and grandkids, and on Saturday night I will get an electric site on the Ohio Turnpike--yes, every other rest area has sites for $20 for electric. And they all have water fills and dump stations. On Sunday, I'll be staying at a commercial campground with a full hookup for $60, which I think is horrible, but it is only one night, and my son will pick me up and drop me off the day before. Next two weeks will be at a state park, which is a lot cheaper.

Only problem with COE campgrounds is that they are mainly located west of the Mississippi. Hard to find them in this part of the country.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:38 pm

I think it depends upon the forest service campground the one that we were at had water spigots every so often that you could run a hose to and fill from but you couldn't leave the hose hooked up for longer than it took to fill... we also had sites that had electrical they were thinking of making the whole campground electrical don't know if that happened of course having electricity cost more...
and also some places used to can't says still do as I've not spent a lot of time at campgrounds but if you went to an area and wanted to stay a month that was a lot cheaper than paying for the site daily even a week was better than paying a daily rate
it will take research of the area that you will be going
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk