Hurricane Hilary heading for Southern CA

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Hurricane Hilary heading for Southern CA

Postby Redetotry » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:07 pm

Pooker wrote:Yup! Here it is 5:40 a.m. Sunday and it's raining. Too bad it wouldn't stay a nice, steady rain like it's doing, but that's not going to happen. I just got an email notice from the electric company that there will be outages. They must be running scared because of the suits about their falling lines starting those awful fires. Sorry about your leak, Barbie. Our problem in this area is when it's so dry for so long, there's no way to know where the leaks will be! So far, I'm good, but my son lives in his RV and his space ALWAYS floods. His rig is also old, so again, ya never know where the leaks will be!

I've prepared as best I can. Evacuating usually isn't much of an option because if the flooding is that bad the roads will be flooded and washed away, and thousands of people all trying to get out of one area would just make a major traffic jam. We don't have a lot of highways except the 2 or 3 freeways, but they are warning us that those may have to close.

Think we're in for quite a ride!

Hi Pooker, Hope you are ok or did I miss a post.. It doesn't soound good especially for your son.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Hurricane Hilary heading for Southern CA

Postby Pooker » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:17 am

Hi everyone! This area only got heavy rain - no wind - so we dodged that bullet. We seem to have our own little ecosystem since our valley is in a bowl with mountains surrounding us. The air currents squeeze through the mountain passes. Sometimes with awful results, other times missing us.

My son's RV's site did flood - it always does. But he was able to "steal" some extra gravel from an abandoned site a few doors down to help with the deepest parts. He didn't say anything about leaks, so I'm assuming he managed ok.

The rest of Southern Cal didn't fare as well in many areas.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Previous

Return to General Talk