USPS Informed Delivery

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

USPS Informed Delivery

Postby chalet05 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:30 pm

Since a few of us have mentioned this, I wanted to share more of my experience. Perhaps it is just the local employees that can't get it right plus lose mail.

I don't go to my mailbox often - I know it has been well over a week. Today I received 2 pieces of mail from Charles Schwab, 1 from my medical insurance - I had been informed of none of these. The junk mail was about 50/50.
Anita
chalet05

Re: USPS Informed Delivery

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:49 pm

For me it is very accurate. I only get my mail every few days but when I look online that is what I usually see. Maybe it is local I am not sure. Happy with that so far.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby asirimarco » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:41 am

Thank you all for mentioning this, just signed up for it. Worked good yesterday so went to meet mailman at our box. The lock on our box is broken so can't open it. Management of community is responsible for changing it. Good luck with that. So at least now I know more or less if I need to try to catch mailman. He told me he gets to our group of boxes about 10:30 so drove car up there - he wasn't there so drove to first set of boxes a couple of blocks away, not there either. Went home. About 11 o'clock drove up to boxes again, still not there, but he was at first set of boxes so went back to our set parked left AC on pulled out my book and waited for him. Our box is only two short blocks away, but too hot to walk and then wait. So good to know if something important will be delivered. Yesterday it was gel coated pills. Did not want them sitting in boxes. So many thanks to all who mentioned it.
asirimarco

Postby MandysMom » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:32 am

My son, the Deputy, highly recommends Informed Delivery, since breaking a mail fraud ring who were finding people who did not have Informed Delivery yet, and signed up for those homes, so know when important mail was arriving and picked it up for themselves! My husband had signed up for it long before our son mentioned it to me after husbands death, so I was already using it.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Colliemom » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:38 am

I haven’t signed up for it. I get so little mail as is. Rarely anything important, mostly little junk Mail on occasion, catalogs and local newspaper, somedays nothing. All my bills are electronically sent to and paid by my investment firm. I get notices from them of bills received and paid electronically as well. Same for charge cards. I get the bill electronically, then submit my payment through my credit unions online bill pay. But I check my mailbox everyday as do all my neighbors. But I am on a rural route on a dead end road and vehicles get noticed coming and going. Same for other end of sub, it’s a circle drive around, no outlet. Basically this is a crime free neighborhood. Never had a problem in the 27 years I have lived here other than somebody stealing the sub’s name sign one year. We fixed that so the new one can’t be swiped and a couple of not amounting to anything break ins on next road over. Neighborhood watch signs are posted here as well.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby snowball » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:46 pm

is this available for those who have post office boxes? it would make it nice to know if there was a need to go pick up the mail
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:52 pm

snowball wrote:is this available for those who have post office boxes? it would make it nice to know if there was a need to go pick up the mail
sheila

From their website:
"If you have a residential address, business address, or PO Box™ in an eligible ZIP Code™ (most ZIP Codes™ are), you may be eligible for Informed Delivery. Note: You must have a "uniquely coded" mailbox, and some apartment buildings or condos may not have uniquely coded addresses. Check to see if your address is eligible for Informed Delivery. If your address isn't yet eligible, please check back later."
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:39 am

thanks Beth
sheila
snowball

Postby dpf » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:12 am

I've had Informed delivery for probably five years and I love it, especially in the winter. I have to go to the post office to pick up the mail. If I can see that there isn't anything important I don't have to brave the cold and go pick it up.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby cnq50b » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:14 pm

I've used informed delivery for quite a while now.

It's a little troubling that some of your important mail hadn't been scanned in, Anita. I'm not sure at what point things get scanned in.
So far my daily report has been very accurate.

Regardless, I'm checking my mail during Sadie's evening walk now since we had our mailboxes vandalized.

We're still waiting for the USPS to change the main locks so they have asked us to collect our mail daily & if not possible, have it kept at the post office (just down the street) & pick it up when they can.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby chalet05 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:39 pm

Decided to check my mailbox. A check from my daughter was delivered sometime since last Friday, August 4. She mailed it from Kansas July 26 so that's at least 9 days. Probably why my greeting cards to my Kansas aunt are always late! :D
Anita
chalet05

Return to General Talk