Camp host position available. Free RV site with pay.

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Camp host position available. Free RV site with pay.

Postby Cudedog » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:29 pm

I was just now doing an online visit to maybe my most favorite campground I have ever visited, Hawk's Nest cabins and RV park in Tionesta, Ca., and noticed that they have a camp host position available. I know none of the details, I just happened to run across the notice accidentally.

http://hawksnestrvcabins.com/

I have stayed at this campground many times. It is in a fairly remote area of Northern California, about an hour south east of Klamath Falls, Oregon, about a half hour to Tule Lake, Ca., almost next door to Lava Beds National Monument. Also about 35 miles east of Mt. Shasta.

It is at about the 4000 foot elevation, and a very large lava flow (the Glass Mountain Obsidian Flow) can be seen sloping over the shoulder of a nearby hill from the entrance of the park.

The park is open from May thru October, due to winter snows in the area.

The campground itself (although level) is on the lower slopes of the mighty Medicine Lake Volcano

I haven't been there since before the pandemic, so it may have changed (and I do understand that ownership may have changed hands since I was there last - I saw it listed for sale on Craig's List a few years back), but I have always found the area to be high-desert beautiful. Lots of obsidian, pumice, and lava flows to be found in the area. There is even a couple of ancient lava flows right in the middle of the campground itself.

Thought I would post this, should anyone be interested.

It is a cool place. If anyone has any questions, PM me. I hope to get up there sometime later in the Autumn, before they close for the season.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to General Talk