Saving on Gas

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Saving on Gas

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:57 am

I always use a credit card that gives me 5% back, but a friend told me about Upside and I'll be honest, I was leery. I researched and found it's legit. So I just used it for a couple of my fill ups coming up here. I still get my 5% off the original total on my credit card plus I get the cash back bonus using this app gives. It varies. The gas station with the best price near where I am now also is on this program and offers 10 cents off per gallon. So, of course I'll use it for my car while here. A couple days after filing I'm notified my bonus is available. Right now I have about $50 available. I can have it sent to a bank account, to PayPal, or to purchase e-gift cards. So far I feel most comfortable getting it to PayPal then transferring it myself to my bank. You do have to link a credit card to your Upside account for this to be automated. So far, no problems and it can be used at places other than gas stations, I just haven't yet. Gas stations can give dinky discounts (I was only seeing 1c at some) and can give better, like the one closest to me here at 10c.

Anyway, I do recommend it so I'm sharing a code that will give you an added discount on your first use. I feel like I'm soaking here, but I'm glad a friend shared with me and it is saving me money and easy to use.

This free app gets you cash back on gas! Use promo code BETH78528 to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus on your first purchase. https://upside.app.link/BETH78528
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Saving on Gas

Postby snowball » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:14 pm

I think somewhere I've seen that advertised good to know someone has it and it works
sheila
snowball

Re: Saving on Gas

Postby Colliemom » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:23 pm

Interesting. I have a credit card with Meijer where I do my grocery shopping. I get 10 cents a gallon off every time I get gas. It’s one of the perks with the card. They also have an MPerks program you can sign up for and every time you shop, you put your phone number and your personal 4 digit pin into the register if using self check out or give your number to the cashier and enter your 4 digit pin on the credit card machine. It keeps track of how much money you spend, and for every dollar you spend you get 10 points. They can add up pretty fast. Every 100 points is $1.00. I had 15,000 points as of today which equals $15. You can redeem that however you want you want. Take it off on your grocery bill or you can even take some of it and use anywhere from $.25 to a dollar off a gallon of gas but the gas I know is restricted to a certain amount obviously. You can keep piling up points but have to use them within 3 month. I took 10,000 points out of mine today and that shop $10 off of my grocery bill as I had $31 in dry dog food. I also watch their MPerks specials for things I use and “clip” those coupons too, so that they are in my account. Automatically deducts the amount when I check out. Saves me money in the long run. My laundry soap can be $3 off regular price with MPerks for example. Every time I spend $175 I get a $10 reward coupon that I can use too.

We all find ways to save green. Just have to learn how to play the game.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Return to General Talk