Last night: 4th of July at my house. . . :-(

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Last night: 4th of July at my house. . . :-(

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:56 pm

Anne my vet gave me Acepromazine for my dog. It was only 1/4 of a pill but it did the job for the 13lb dog. I dont loke to drug my dog BUT with all the pacing and panting for hours this was the better alternative. Emma doesnt require it (yet) she just hides under the bed.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cudedog » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:32 pm

Colliemom wrote:Anne, I had something I was going to mention about Joe peeing in your bed. My Piper has a tendency to wet her bed at night and she can also do it to the guest bed, which is not made up. Once in a while she does it in my bed, but not very often. Don’t know if she’s doing it in her sleep or on waking up and getting up. But anyway, I have a decorative quilt on my bed that I take off at night. I put a large piece (bed size) of plastic under that quilt all the time and just fold it in the quilt when I take it off at night. Same on my guest bed. So if she happens to wet the quilts, it doesn’t get into the bedding. Works great. Something you might want to consider.

Thanks, Sue.

What I have on my bed is a fitted waterproof mattress pad (?). It is a white thick quilted-like material on top, and a cotton sheet on the bottom. In the middle (between the top and bottom layer) is plastic.

And - just in case - I have a couple of these on top of the mattress pad, and underneath the top sheet I have washable bed pads:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F ... UTF8&psc=1:

But I will keep your plastic sheet suggestion in mind!

Thanks. :D

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Cudedog » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:34 pm

OregonLuvr wrote:Anne my vet gave me Acepromazine for my dog. It was only 1/4 of a pill but it did the job for the 13lb dog. I dont loke to drug my dog BUT with all the pacing and panting for hours this was the better alternative. Emma doesnt require it (yet) she just hides under the bed.

Thanks, Karen.

Next time I go in to see my vet I will definitely ask him about this medication. I hope never to go through this kind of experience with Joe ever again.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby Cudedog » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:38 pm

Redetotry wrote:Anne I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I had one who suffered terribly also during storms and fireworks. I don't remember what they were but my vet prescribed a medication that I gave before the fireworks started and it worked great. Also when a storm was forecast I would give her one. But you do need to give them ahead of time.

Thanks, BJ. I will definitely be looking into medication for next time. Which is, now that I think of it, New Year's Eve. Same kind of thing goes on here at midnight on New Years.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:26 pm

Anne, I know we never want to medicate if not necessary. But I think you'll be right to check into this. Poor Joe will thank you if it works. I'll be dealing with fireworks from before Christmas until after New Year's at my Texas park. Luckily Ty handles them fine.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cudedog » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:46 pm

Bethers wrote:Anne, I know we never want to medicate if not necessary. But I think you'll be right to check into this. Poor Joe will thank you if it works. I'll be dealing with fireworks from before Christmas until after New Year's at my Texas park. Luckily Ty handles them fine.

:o :o :o Yikes.

WHOA!! New Beth photo! I'm lovin' it!!! :D :D :D

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Previous

Return to General Talk