Need tech help. Don’t cringe

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Need tech help. Don’t cringe

Postby Shirlv » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:17 pm

I hate when tv blares commercial. I mutethem which defeats their purpose. I stream on a smart tv and my iPad Air. I don’t want those little buds in my ears so want wireless headphones so I can stop terrorizing other tenants in the building. What king of head phones do I need and how do I connect them to my devices. Do they have batteries if so how do I charge them. Do I need an adapter if so what kind. Simple language please.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Need tech help. Don’t cringe

Postby chalet05 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:17 pm

Shirl, wish I had been that smart. My daughter and I have weird ear canals so earbud types don't work well but I still bought some cheap bluetooth ones! Amazon has several bluetooth wireless headphones you might look at. You charge them with a cord like everything else - have I mentioned they didn't put enough outlets in this place. :) Some (possibly all) come with charging cords or may work with a cord you already have. Mine automatically connect to my smart TV via bluetooth. Have a look and then bring on more questions! :)

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wireless+hea ... doa-p_2_19
Anita
chalet05

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:53 am

My headphones are Sony and charge with a regular USB like non apple phones do. I'm sure there are some now that charge while sitting on their stand (which is plugged into a wall outlet). Look at Amazon reviews. Charging cord or stand should come with the headphones. I find a headset more comfortable than an earpiece, you may, however, have trouble hearing someone knock at your door. I also am really fond of my Plantronics Voyage ear piece. It only goes in one ear, but it works for most I listen to. It has a loop that goes over top of ear and a bud piece that sits on your ear but not deep in it like regular ear buds, so is very comfortable. The ear loop and bud part swivel so you can set it for either ear. It recharges with a cord that has USB on one end and a magnet clip which grans ear piece end and holds it to charge. I got it at Best Buy amd there npmay be a new model, but Plantronics has been very reliable for me. Both the Sony Headphones and the Voyage are Bluetooth. Just make sure Bluetooth is on for tablet or smart tv. Each had simple directions to pair with device. Usually it's turn on/off switch on and listen to what the headphone says.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Shirlv » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:30 pm

Thanks Anita and Velda
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby MandysMom » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:47 pm

Anytime Shirl! When I find a product I like that works well, I'm happy to talk about it.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to General Talk