Toot, toot!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Toot, toot!!

Postby AlmostThere » Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Not much is being posted on all our dieting lately, but will embarrassingly toot my own horn. :oops:
I had my weekly weigh-in this morning and I'm in the 140s now!! Just barely, but it was neat to see the scale change from the 150s. My goal weight was 155 but I'm managing to continue to loose weight. Guess it's being able to get out and do yard work. Hope everyone else is still losing or holding their own!
AlmostThere

Re: Toot, toot!!

Postby Liz » Thu May 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey, congratulations! You're doing great! I do think the spring weather encourages us to get moving more. I've met my goal of losing 5#....actually lost 7, so now I'm just watching to make sure it doesn't start creeping back up. Trying to eat healthier and once I'm out hiking with the dog while traveling I should be fine.

By the way, anybody heard from Diana (mtngal)? Guess she's having too much fun with that new Roadtrek to check in with us.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby carold » Thu May 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Toot away and congratulations! I'm thinking that, as warmer weather descends, everyone who wants to will be losing with all this gardening, hiking, camping, etc. I, on the other hand, am always looking for those few pounds to put in all the right places. :lol: carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Thu May 07, 2009 7:30 pm

I wish I could say all the hiking was making me lose more weight, but only a pound last time I weighed myself. Going to need to get a scale or hope that I can keep weighing at Wal-Marts lol My diet is really good, and I only eat bad occasionally when we've eaten out -

Congrats, Lenora - you're just going down, down, down. You should toot your own horn.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Thu May 07, 2009 7:33 pm

It's muscle, Beth...weighs more than fat, you know. All that hiking is adding muscle!
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Thu May 07, 2009 7:38 pm

I'll take that, Liz!

As to Peaches, she's not getting to go on as many of the hikes as she'd like. Not allowed at some places, and in bear country, it's not recommended to take the dogs - as they will attract bears. So, I'm not sure whether she'll get to walk as much as she'd like in AK, but I still make sure she gets a good walk a few times a day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Congratulations !!
Way to stick to the diet !!! I really really need to lose weight so I hope working this summer will do the trick.
Thanks for the update - keep up the good work !!!
Mollysmom

Postby carold » Thu May 07, 2009 8:23 pm

That's so true about muscle weight vs. fat. The telling is also in inches, so get out that tape measure, Beth, you might be :o carold
carold

Postby Sparkle » Thu May 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Tonight I'm wearing the Jeans I couldn't get into! I still had to lie down to zip them up, but that's better than Button and Buttonhole being East and West. :lol: 8 of 10 gone.
Sparkle

Postby Liz » Fri May 08, 2009 6:33 am

Woohoo...good for you. Somewhere along the line I got rid of my "skinny" jeans. So I'll be wearing my baggy jeans this summer...right in style.
Liz
Liz

Postby asirimarco » Fri May 08, 2009 8:02 am

Good for you ladies! I really need to do something to get rid of a few pounds. My feet are bothering me and I suspect it is the extra weight. You'd think going up and down 3 flights of stairs all day long would help. But I guess its the sitting and snacking between that doesn't. I've been reading a lot with the bad weather and when I read I like to munch.....Shame on me.
asirimarco

Postby mtngal » Fri May 08, 2009 9:01 am

Lenora!! you can toot all you want!! It's cool to read success stories!! And you too Liz, and Sparkle and Beth!! I was feeling a bit down about
you guys meeting goals, but then I realized I had lost the same # of pounds, just have a few more to go! :) And that means I am actually right on track, following in Lenora's foot steps too. It's been pretty easy for me keeping on the vegan guidelines. Had a couple dairy days in the past three weeks, but no meat. Hope it goes as well for my month in Mexico. Keep up the good work!
Diana
mtngal

Postby AlmostThere » Sat May 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Wow, great job ladies!! I'm afraid I can't tout that I have gained any muscles. I'm not good at working out with weights and I know weight bearing exercise is so good for stopping/slowing bone loss. I have gained saggy skin, though. My bra size went from 36 long to Xtra long. :oops:
AlmostThere

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat May 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Well I did not think I was losing any till I got the Wii and have dropped 6 lbs but need to drop ALOT more. My problem is the Neuroma in my feet. I can only do so much exercise without my feet constantly hurting. Injections I had helped some but did not make it go away. I have to take Aleve every day or I am in extreme pain. DH has lost 25lbs!! Why is it that men can lose faster? :? :evil:
He is religious about his workout in the mornings now.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Return to General Talk