My Housecleaning versus Sue's Housecleaning

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: My Housecleaning versus Sue's Housecleaning

Postby JudyJB » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:47 pm

OH, and some really heavy wind last night and today has kept me in an RV park today, so I have also had the slides closed to keep the slide toppers from tearing.

So, walking around with the slides closed today showed me that there are some places full of dust and cobwebs I have not cleaned in 11 years!! Oops.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue May 02, 2023 1:55 pm

I have often wondered if I have ADHD because I get distracted so easily. Of course, there was no such thing when we were children, so doctors never evaluated us for it! :roll:

Judy, back when I was little (1960's) they only thought boys had ADHD because it was so obvious with their hyper behavior. It was many years later (like 20 yrs later! :shock: ) that they realized that girls have it too, but usually the "inattentive" type. They also thought it was just a childhood issue and kids grew out of it. They know now that isn't true but adults with it have figured out ways to try and manage it (like lists, lists, and more lists! :lol: ). Now there are a ton of adults, especially women, who are getting diagnosed with it because no one thought girls had it or the signs were missed because they are more subtle.

I was always daydreaming and looking out the window at school and had a hard time paying attention to what was going on in class. I also couldn't sit still very long. Not hyper but just restless, have a hard time paying attention, following directions, reading instructions, focusing on things for very long, following thru on tasks and projects. I am now still easily distracted, overwhelmed, lose my train of thought, can't sit still for very long, talk too much, interrupt people when they are talking, etc. It has made school and jobs hard to manage my whole life.

On the plus side, most ADHD people are above average in intelligence, very creative, think outside the box, etc. They just can't pull it all together to live up to their full potential.
Last edited by BarbaraRose on Wed May 03, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Wed May 03, 2023 2:34 am

Barbara, I was diagnosed in 1988 with ADHD!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed May 03, 2023 3:18 pm

When I went in to get diagnosed many years ago, they wanted me to get letters from family, friends, teachers, etc who knew me as a child and describe what I was like then. Well, I grew up with alcoholic parents and was raised by a lot of different people, some of whom had died by then or I wasn't able to track down. Others just didn't think they could write anything that would help since they didn't spend that much time with me, or in the case of my parents...well they just didn't remember :roll: . So because I couldn't come up with the letters, the therapist said the diagnosis was inconclusive. :roll: Well, if they ask for that again, I can tell them that pretty much everyone older than me is dead now anyways, so try something else.

Being that it is hereditary, I am pretty sure at least one of my brothers is also ADHD and probably my dad was too.

Am still waiting to hear back from a couple people about getting evaluated.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Previous

Return to General Talk