Food /meal delivery services

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Food /meal delivery services

Postby MandysMom » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:27 am

Since I know several of you have tried these, I'm asking for a friend. She lives near me, but her Mom and siblings live in Wisconsin, I think. Her brother lives with Mom but works night shift, so isn't much a cook. The Mom is 90 and can't cook for herself anymore. My friend here is considering helping by paying for a couple meals a week to make it easier on brother. These would preferably be microwave ready, fresh, nutritious. Which companies have you tried and liked or not liked. Trying to help Laura with her research. She said (when I said I'd ask you) thank you in advance.
Velda
MandysMom

Re: Food /meal delivery services

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:17 am

Velda, I was happy with the meals from Freshly that I got last winter. I'm thinking about trying again, but just checked and they've closed. I wasn't thrilled with Fresh n Lean. I've looked into Bistro MD and like parts of their program, but haven't tried because I'd have to order too much and they are more expensive than I want to do. Freshly recommended I try Factor but haven't as of now.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:50 pm

Well darn, that Freshly closed. I was thinking about trying them again when I get the freezer down some. I keep looking at the reviews online for the others and haven't seen one I am really interested in. Some of them are too expensive. And I want something already cooked that I can just microwave. A lot of days I eat one of the frozen meals like Lean Cuisine for one meal. Some of the frozen meals are not too bad. Beats cooking when you're lazy and live 10 miles from town.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby JudyJB » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:27 pm

I don't know about quality or taste, but would she be eligible for Meals on Wheels? They would not only provide food but the delivery person would check in on her when they drop off meals.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:33 pm

JudyJB wrote:I don't know about quality or taste, but would she be eligible for Meals on Wheels? They would not only provide food but the delivery person would check in on her when they drop off meals.

And if not Meals on Wheels, many communities have senior meals available. I know the ones in my sister's community are very well received. Seniors can come in or have them delivered. So that's something else to check into.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:29 pm

I had Hello Fresh. I would NOT recommend them. Not infrequently the vegetables or herbs were poor quality. The ice packs area pain to get rid of. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:34 pm

PS. I receive mailers for Factor often. Meals look good, I haven’t tried them. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby MandysMom » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:25 am

They are looking into Meals on Wheels, but her brother would not get food, so she is looking at ways to get both to eat better. Thanks for ideas. I'll pass them along.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to General Talk