Really weird weather coming!/Top Gun

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Really weird weather coming!/Top Gun

Postby Cudedog » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:18 pm

I just now took a look at the forecast (on weather.gov - 9:00 a.m., February 18) and for Wednesday through Friday I am seeing "a slight chance of rain. . . and snow").

Wow. I think the chances of this actually happening are probably slim to none (emphasis on none - daytime temps have been in the low-to-mid 60's here lately) but who knows?

We never - well, almost never - get snow here in California's central valley (near Sacramento). I mean, it can happen (I think Velda has said she has gotten snow a time or two at here house) but it is pretty unheard of.

The last time it snowed here was in (I think) about 2008 or thereabouts. It didn't "stick" but myself and most of my office mates rushed outside to revel in it.

I know we don't talk too much on here about movies, but I recently watched "Top Gun: Maverick". I didn't expect too much from it, and found it to be full of plot holes big enough to accommodate a Mach Truck - but I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVED it!!

I "cheated" a bit, I signed up for a "free trail" of Paramount Plus so that I could watch it for free, then cancelled the free trail when I finished watching it.

I actually liked the film so well that I watched it a second time - and found that I liked it even better the second time around than I did the first.

Aviation has come so far since the first-ever plane flight in 1903, it really blows my mind.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: Really weird weather coming!/Top Gun

Postby snowball » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:33 pm

I never expect it to snow or rain unless the percentage of possibility is very high like 90 :lol: although we did have some snow today it was really hard to see but it was snowing...
hope you get what you want I'd prefer rain actually
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk