I'm here!!!! Yes!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: I'm here!!!! Yes!!

Postby OutandAbout » Tue May 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Lori, sorry to hear about your mom. I went through this tough time also. My sister died 10 months before my parents. My mom was never the same (from this and other things) and began to fade fast. My father was trying to do it all himself, because I took care of my sister, he wanted to do more and just wore himself out doing so. They ended up dying within a week of each other, just before their 64th anniversary. My thoughts are with you. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Hugs. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby bluepinecones » Wed May 06, 2009 12:18 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to you also. Remember to take care of yourself too.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby kelpie » Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 pm

Lori, sorry to hear about your mom's decline. Just one word of advice - you will never regret the time you spend with her now no matter how rough it is for you. My dad had Alzheimer's and didn't know me at all for last 12-18 months of his life and in many ways it was like losing him over and over. But I still miss the dad he was when we were young. At his funeral, my aunt (his sister) came up to me, and as we looked at him she got teary eyed and said "This just sucks." I answered that yeah it sucked for us but it no longer does for him. As hard as it is for us to watch our parents decline and it is hard, just remember it's got to be even worse for them.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Bethers » Thu May 07, 2009 1:12 am

Aw (((((((((((((((((((( Lori ))))))))))))))))))))) just wish I could give you a big hug in person - but I know you can feel this one, too. And if you need to talk, or just to sit back and not talk, you know I'm here.

Question on the 5er - weren't you selling the other one? If so, then shouldn't the 5er be going into the "home" spot at the cg? Did I miss something or not remember that right? Wouldn't surprise me anymore.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Thu May 07, 2009 4:19 am

Watching a parent fade away slowly is VERY tough. If you can wrap your mind around the fact that they probably are in their own little world, and not too sad about things, as we who watch them are, and can get used to the fact that they can no longer recognize us, perhaps the last few months can be made happier by just appreciating every little thing that they do. Maybe they think we are Aunt Jane, or even thier own mother, but what the heck-----we can play act and even share some laughs as those other people----perhaps. I know----easier said than done, for sure. Especially when they are behaving in a manner that you know would embarrass the heck out of them in their younger days----but at this point, they don't know any different, I believe. I know that Alzheimer's can be both a cruel yet sometimes 'funny' disease at the same time. Those who appreciate the 'funny' moments will have memories to laugh over in later years.

Big hugs to you and to your family. Think of it as another adventure.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks, again, all for the love and support you are sending....I get to do this again in July when another Sibling and family go on vacation, but feel I need to do my part....

Yes, Beth, Margie is buying the Mallard from us....in fact Ernie told me he had it all set up for her at her site yesterday...now I just have to get back and move our stuff out so she can move her stuff in.... :roll: I figure I'll get to chill and have time for myself around June 1st... :lol: You'll all love this....Ernie got the truck stuck in the field when he tried to back the 5er into our home site last Friday....stating that this is the 1st time he regretes not getting 4 wheel drive on the Tundra....so we un-hitched the 5er, got the truck un stuck, and had one of the guys back her into the site....

Things here are about the same.....Mom loves to shop and eat lunch out...(sounds like us, doesn't it... :lol: ) so we spent the morning shopping for some new outfits for her for the summer and had lunch at her favorite diner....we had a good day......

I'll leave for the the "home" campground Sunday morning....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Fri May 08, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm sure it's important for you to be spending time with her - as well as for her and you - and to "do your share".

I'm laughing here at Ernie when he was stuck. Sorry Ernie, I just think it's funny :) Course, if it had been me- might not have been so funny. No, it would have :) When you get a chance, ask Sparkle about the road we drove on our last sightseeing day. We did end up turning around - but we couldn't have done what we did without her 4-wheel drive.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to General Talk