I'm here!!!! Yes!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

I'm here!!!! Yes!!

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:47 pm

I remembered my password!!!!!! :D

Oh, I'm so happy I still have access to everyone here....I've only spent 1 day with Mom, and can see how much she has failed...Hence, I will need all my sisters here for support duing the next week.....She still can do somethings for herself, but now needs supervision when doing personal care.....it's like telling a 6 year old to go take a shower, and you just know they are standing under the shower head, with the water running, but not using the soap.....Thank goodness I have my CNA training cause that has kicked in when getting her to do something......She didn't know who I was when I got here....and was still confused this morning.....I've been my Aunt Ginny (her sister who passed away sometime ago) most of the day....but every once in awhile she'll call me by my name, so it comes and goes......but her health is good and most of the time, she is in good spirits....things kinda' go south around 3-4pm....weepy or arguementive, but we have meds. for that.....it is sad and I can see it will be trying at times.....I have the day shift with her and my brother and his family do the night shift as they live with her....so I can get away in the evenings.....I'm staying at my sister, Barb's, house, which is right next door....

On another note, our trip home to PA was uneventful....we got to the campground near Gettysburg a little after 12 noon, Friday....it was raining, we got stuck in the field accross from our site trying to back in....got the 5er un hitch from the truck....got the truck un-stucked....had to get one of the guys to come over and park the camper....needless to say, Ernie was a little upset with himself :roll: ....but all's well, that end's well....got basics set up and had a nice visit with the kids and the grandbabies....they have grown so much....and Ava just loves Grammy and Papa's "house"..... ;) Amy loved her "Mother's Day" gift and just got an e-mail that it is already on the living room wall....so, I'm pleased.........And I drove myself here yesterday (borrowed the kids' extra car)....about 5 hours for the trip....so after 3 days on the road....I'm still trying to catch up with the "resting"....so it maybe an early night tonight..... :lol:

All righty....didn't mean to write a book, but once I get going.... :lol: anyways, I hope this is making sence to everyone, if not, remember I'm going on coffee and cigs, at this point.... :roll: and just bare with me....

Talk with you all later...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: I'm here!!!! Yes!!

Postby Echo » Sun May 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Hey Lori!!!

So glad to hear the trip was good. And that the extra miles were ok too.

Extra glad that you have access to all your Sistahs too. We would miss ya lots.

It's really hard when parents get to that point. Toward my Mom's end she would get like that. Drift into the past and spend lots of time there. Sure did tell me things I never knew about and people of long ago. It really hurt tho when she forgot who I was even tho I could understand the why of it.

We are all here tho if ya need us!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Fernie » Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Sorry about your Mom Lori---I know that has to be hard. I lost my Mom when I was 24 but I am here with my sister. She showers but has been in pull-ups for 2 years. With the radiation she just finished, control issues are worse. Glad you got family to help with her care. Welcome back girl. Don't know what the count is at the wall but I'm about ready to go hit it and grab a few!!! LOL
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby Liz » Sun May 03, 2009 8:29 pm

Tough times you're going through right now, but just be assured we're all here for you when you need to get away for awhile. Glad you got there safe and sound.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Sun May 03, 2009 9:16 pm

good to see you Lori, and when you need a break we're just about as far
away as the length of your fingers. :P
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby carold » Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Glad you were able to connect, Lori. It is hard to watch someone you love lose who they are but nothing like friends to listen and give support and good you have family to be with. carold
carold

Postby asirimarco » Mon May 04, 2009 6:37 am

Hi Lori - glad you made it there - the rain has been horrible in this area. Glad there was help to get parked okay. Aren't men funny about getting help. No one thinks less of them.
Sorry to hear about your Mom. It will be hard. Just be sure to take care of yourself too. Take some breaks check on line and see what trouble we are all getting into.
asirimarco

Postby Paulette » Mon May 04, 2009 7:59 am

Lori, so glad to hear you made it okay. Weather here sucks right now...and looks like for the rest of this week. But, all the rain sure is making it look lush and green! I empathize with you taking care of your mother, but know that being there far outweighs not. Even if she only remembers who you are some of the time. Ya'll take care.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Cedar518 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:57 am

Oh Lori, I know what you are talking about. My dad was that way. He didn't know me the last few years he was alive. So sad. Hang in there gal... hugs!
Cedar518

Postby sharon » Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 am

Glad you were able to get on, Lori, and glad you made it up there safe and sound. Yeah, it's hard, went thru that with my grandma. They take care of us when we're young and now it's our turn. Take care of yourself, too.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon May 04, 2009 12:37 pm

Hang in there Lori, I know exactly how you feel because I was a CNA for many years and took care of alot of Mom's & Dad's like your Mom. I even had to deal with my Mother-in-law and that was not easy. Keep loving her and don't worry about her not remembering you, when she crosses over she'll know it was you that gave her all that loving. You are being a great daughter. Yep it pays off to be a CNA. When my 2nd Dad was dieing my Sister would panic and not know what to do and I didn't because of my training as a CNA( certified Nursing Assistant).
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks for all the support, you all.....today wasn't bad...we did a little shopping with my younger sister, had lunch out, and just chilled this afternoon....am going back up to my brother's in a little while to help her with a shower before bed....but having a little "me" time right now while they are having their supper....This is the brother that has the twin grand-daughters and they are getting ready to have them here while my niece goes to Iraq....better them than me.... :lol: but will help with Mom tonight so that they can get the babies' room ready, etc....okay....off to have a piece of jello cake... :D
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon May 04, 2009 6:12 pm

Will be thinking of you and your family. What I appreciated most while helping support my father was the time I got to spend/share with my brother. Up until those times, we had spent the occasional holidays together but supporting each other while deciding stuff and supporting our father.....We got to really meet and appreciate each other again as adults.......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Barbzeee » Mon May 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Lori,

Sorry to read all the heart breaking news.. I know it's really hard.. I'm having the same with my eldest sister .. her's was brought on through surgery.. that went bad... still when I go to see her .. and she no longer knows who I am that day..and asks for our Mom and Dad that are no longer alive.. I do my best to comfort her and answer as if she was talking to my Mom.

You know I'm not that far away via phone or cell or computer.. don't hesitate to call..

God Bless
Zeee

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby mitch5252 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:14 am

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. You'll get through it. And you'll be stronger and more compassionate for it. Always try to remember, we'll all be there someday, too.

Kind regards,
Michelle
mitch5252

Next

Return to General Talk