New Spam: "Your SSN has been found in Suspicious Activities"

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

New Spam: "Your SSN has been found in Suspicious Activities"

Postby Cudedog » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:08 pm

Another day, another new spam email.

This morning, another new-and-improved version of Spam email hit my inbox: NOTICE-Your SSN has been found in Suspicious Activities

Well, bad grammar is always a good tip-off. How in the world could my SSN be found in "suspicious activities". (My creative mind brings up an image of my suddenly cartoon-character SS card jumping into the middle of a bank robbery somewhere).

Anyway, as I always do with such things, I rolled my mouse over the crap title of the email, to see who might have sent it. As per usual with such things it was from "joeblow@gmail.com" (it wasn't from Joe Blow, but the email address was from @gmail.com.

Big surprise there - I hadn't realized that the Social Security Administration had begun using Joe Blow and his @gmail account to send official messages out to taxpayers. :roll: (NOT!)

Anyway, as per usual, I deleted the email without opening it. I'm sure we all know this by now, but it bears repeating: just the act of opening an email can potentially infect one's computer with a virus or malware - not to mention the world of hurt that will come if one is unwary enough to open a link within one of these emails.

Sunny here for the next few days, at least. Probably more rain to come, but who knows. The water level at Lake Oroville is at 792 feet this morning, up from 763 (almost 30 feet) from when I posted a week or so ago. "Full pool" is around 900 feet, so looking good, at least so far.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: New Spam: "Your SSN has been found in Suspicious Activit

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:55 am

Anne, I gotta ask. Doesn't your email/Internet provider have filters for such things? I go in about every other week to my web mail and double check the spam folder, approving stuff that over zealous filter tossed there by mistake and mark repeat offenders to block, and then delete the spam.
Velda
MandysMom

Return to General Talk