Hero of the Blizzard!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Hero of the Blizzard!

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:15 pm

I read a lot of news articles on the web, I especially like "good news" stories (of which there are generally very few). This one really warmed my heart, so I thought I would pass it along:

"'I had to do it to save everyone’: Man breaks into school and shelters nearly a dozen people from blizzard"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/30/us/blizzard-new-york-rescue-school-break-in/index.html

Enjoy!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: Hero of the Blizzard!

Postby Irmi » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:28 pm

Anne, thank you for sharing that with us. I wish we could see/read other good news instead of some of the news reported on TV. And I agree with him that having been turned down by other homeowners saved lots of lives that night.
Irmi

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:45 pm

I saw this on our news this morning. What a guy. I only watch a smattering of news, glad I caught this feel good story. I bet one of the morning shows will interview him soon. I hope so.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:04 pm

I love it. Proof of good people. Unfortunately, not the people who refused to help.
And here's another one I love:
https://news.yahoo.com/10-south-korean- ... 51951.html
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:31 pm

Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:46 pm

it's always good to get to read feel good stories... it's too bad that they get buried under all the negative stuff... there are good people out there
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:17 am

There was another story of a woman who heard a man outside calling for help. He was a mentally disabled man who got disoriented by the storm and she brought him inside and tried to warm him up. The ambulances couldn't get there thru the snow so she posted on FB for help. Some guy with a snowplow saw her pleas and came by to clear the snow enough so they could get the man to the hospital. I guess he had severe frostbite and hypothermia.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Return to General Talk