Deleting inactive users

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Deleting inactive users

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:32 pm

monik7 wrote:You mentioned possibly getting a Prius at one time Anne. I got my first Prius in 2004 and then upgraded to a newer Prius in 2011. Both were great cars. There are lots of electric vehicles out there and lots of companies are coming out with their version and many are lower in price such as $30,000 and maybe less. Some may not have all the bells and whistles that the more expensive ones have, but they still get the job done.
Sandi

Thanks, Sandi!

I still like the Prius, and still very much like the thought of an electric vehicle. The reason I went with the brand-new Nissan Versa is because (at that time) it was $12,000 out-the-door. The dealer asking price on the smoke-infested used Prius was $18,000. Had the dealer budged a bit, I might have gone with the Prius, smoke and all.

When I was trying to "dicker" with the dealer, I told him that I could get a brand-new Versa for $12. He said that if I could get a brand new car for that kind of price, I should just buy it.

And so I did! :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Bethers wrote:As long as us oldies continue on here and we all pitch in with hosting costs when necessary, we'll not be going anywhere. I can be somewhat of a recluse and you all keep me from overdoing that. So many of us have met and I feel like I've met the others, too. We're family!

Count me in as willing to "pitch in" with costs. I, too, feel like we are family! I would be lost without this forum.

Thanks, Beth!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby Colliemom » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:08 pm

I too am very grateful for everyone who am I have met on this forum. Whether just online or whether in person. It was this group that got me started in RVing. We have shared many trails together. Some have been smooth and some have been rough. But we’ve always had each other to fall back on. And now that I no longer RV I still like to come on here and see what everybody is doing even if it’s just little trivial stuff. It’s fun being able to share a lot of others simple daily things to and we do a good job a passing information among us about different things. There are a lot of talents in this group too, that are starting to show up since a lot of us have retired off the road and have found other interests. But no interest or greater than friendship. Thank you all, ladies.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Irmi » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:04 pm

Sue, I so agree with you and others here, that this forum is like family. I check in here several times a day and can't wait to see a new post. Although I have a FB account, unlike others, I can see everything new there in 5 minutes or less. I also check my email but this is my go to place. It's so nice having friends here from all over the country, with several in CA, Anita is in Washington, Shirl in MD and lots of others in between. Lots are stationary and Cheryl and others are on the move. Now that fuel prices are starting to get back to where we can almost live with it, we hope to go somewhere this coming summer. We had new batteries put in the coach a couple days ago and have been having other minor things taken care of, so it's time to see what else is out there for us to see and do. Plus we can share it with all of you.
Irmi

Postby Cudedog » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:02 pm

Irmi wrote:Sue, I so agree with you and others here, that this forum is like family. I check in here several times a day and can't wait to see a new post. Although I have a FB account, unlike others, I can see everything new there in 5 minutes or less. I also check my email but this is my go to place. It's so nice having friends here from all over the country, with several in CA, Anita is in Washington, Shirl in MD and lots of others in between. Lots are stationary and Cheryl and others are on the move. Now that fuel prices are starting to get back to where we can almost live with it, we hope to go somewhere this coming summer. We had new batteries put in the coach a couple days ago and have been having other minor things taken care of, so it's time to see what else is out there for us to see and do. Plus we can share it with all of you.

Looking forward to hearing about your travels, Irmi!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby RitaMc » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:40 pm

Merry Christmas all. I'm sorry I don't write more. My life seems so hum drum at times. I do read the forum each day and love your stories. Our life was so taken up by doing day care for our granddaughter but now that she is 7 that has slacked off tremendously. Since school is on winter break she will be with us tomorrow and Tuesday but going to the "Y" for the rest of the week. We haven't done any traveling or camping since Covid hit but hope to be in Yuma in February. We still have our business, and the month of January is taken up with paperwork and then we will leave. I used to spend the summer gardening, but a wonky knee and opposite hip make that difficult so will cut back drastically this summer. I have no pets but sure miss having a dog. I have looked on several rescue sites and Petfinders but haven't seen one that will fit into our life style... relatively laid back and must like kids. I have to admit that not having to bo our at 10 p.m. for that last potty break of the day over the last few nights has been nice. bundling up to walk the dog in -30 wind chill has been nice. I hope all of you had a nice Christmas. Our son daughter in law and granddaughter have always come on Christmas Eve then back again later in the day so we won't have to spend the day alone. This year her mother's funeral was two days before Christmas and her death was quite unexpected, so the last ten day have been quite emotional for them, so we insisted they stay home and just chill out today. Probably the first Christmas day we have not had company, but it has been so nice and peaceful. Hope it warms up for all of you in the south. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby MandysMom » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:36 am

Rita, it's good to see you pop in and let us know what you are doing.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:31 am

I read the forum frequently. I love keeping up with all the friends I met here. Will try to post more frequently.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby MandysMom » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:57 am

Liz, it's good to see you check in!
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:02 am

It is wonderful to hear from folks and if you can't tell by reading the posts, most of us don't have exciting adventures that are being reported on daily. Just the normal adventures of everyday living.

What has me thinking is who are those "guest" readers that show up pretty often? I know most of you that read everyday don't hide their status and wouldn't care who know that they were reading. Might there be former members that come on and read in "dark" mode?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:34 pm

Tina, a guest reader can be many things as it's simply someone not signed in. Often it's a member that reads without signing in. Then signs in if they want to post. Not everyone clicks to stay signed in all the time. Carold has always had trouble signing in, so she'd just come read. It's one reason I started out just deleting users who had never, ever posted. I've expanded that to users who signed up more than a year ago and made one post and none since.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:36 pm

Colliemom wrote: We have shared many trails together.

When I read Sue's posting above, I thought it also should be "We have shared many trials together!"

Anyway, those of you who do not post often, please do post more often. Your lives may seem dull to you, but sometimes dull is better than the wrong kind of exciting, and we like to hear about them regardless.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Irmi » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:12 pm

Beth, I do exactly as you said and sign in only when I post. But I come here sometimes a half dozen times a day to see if there are any new posts. But on a good note, it seems like there are more posts since Beth posted about deleting inactive users. And for that, I'm thrilled.
Irmi

Postby snowball » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:01 am

I stay signed in so I don't have to remember my password... :lol:
but I also come daily
it is good to see more posting
sheila
snowball

Postby Cudedog » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:00 am

I come every day to read, often several times a day.

I don't post as much as I read posts.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Previous

Return to General Talk