Parable of the pear tree

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Parable of the pear tree

Postby Liz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 pm

As I was thrashing and whacking down camphor trees that had taken over the fenceline of my backyard, I came across the two pear trees that had been planted many years ago, but never produced. My thought was to cut them down too, but I noticed they had a few blooms on them. I remembered the parable of the fig tree in Luke 13: 6-9 in which the owner of a vineyard wanted his gardner to cut down an unproductive fig tree, but his gardner asked him to leave it one more year and then cut it down if it doesn't bear fruit. So I said to my pear trees, "If you don't produce this year, I'll cut you down!"

I guess I'll have to hire a picking crew to come while I'm traveling this summer....or maybe the squirrels will take care them. I spied two pears growing in one of the trees. Both trees are needed for fertilization. :lol:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Parable of the pear tree

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Good lesson and great looking pear. You could always have the picking crew air mail a couple to Alaska :lol:

BTW Five feet of new snow at St Mary's this AM; record April snow for Montana
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 pm

my most favorite fruit besides the banana, would love to grow my own pears,
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Nasoosie » Fri May 01, 2009 5:19 am

What a lucky save on your part, Liz!! Pears are one fruit I can eat without my mouth's getting all wizened up and 'pruned'....we had two pear trees in our yard when we lived in Barrington, RI, and couldn't wait for them to get ripe each year. My German Shepherd dog, Midnight, loved to eat them, too, when they dropped off the tree. However, the honeybees also loved them when they got soft on the ground, and more than once, Midnight ended up eating a honeybee, or some! OUCH! Made him very sick, I remember.

Some critter will eat your pears, if you won't be there to sample them! Nice picture!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Barbzeee » Wed May 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Liz, I'd pick em...cause they don't have thorns !! Learned my lesson really well on them dang Lemons...
Yeppers I sure did....by the way....This coming Oct when I return...YOU OWE ME !!! I'll make the lunch ..you bring
the pie :)

God Bless
Zeee

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Thu May 07, 2009 7:30 am

It's a date, Barbzee...we'll see if we can't get a gtg organized this year....if not, we'll eat that pie ourselves. (I cut the lemon tree WAY back....hope I get some lemons this year :lol: )
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to General Talk