I'm here - ASirimarco

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

I'm here - ASirimarco

Postby asirimarco » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 am

Thank you ladies so much for your concern. I really have no excuse except self pity. I've been (kind of still am) in a deep dark blue moody funk. We've been home a month and had about 3 days of sunshine. The rain and gray is really getting to me. Pouring today with threats of "Severe Weather" later. Also when I was getting my tax stuff ready I came across a lock of our son's hair. His birthday will be in 16 days - he would have been 44. No problems with the flu - just old age aches and pains. I have been trying to pull myself up by sewing and starting a stained glass window. Bill has been busy working in his shop - cleaning, re arranging putsying etc. We are in process of getting the outside of house painted - but weather is not cooperating. Also have hired someone to come in and clean up the yard. I worked out there our one sunny day for a couple of hours and felt like a truck had run over me for the next few days. The years are starting to take their toll I guess.
Again thanks for caring. IF the Internet and power don't go out I'll check some of the other threads later and post some pictures of the house. We were suposed to get DataStorm installed on the Alfa today - another thing the rain has put a stop to. Oh yah - the mice tried to get back in it but we caught it before too big a mess. And the septic tank filled up. Found a nice mess in the basement laundry room. Enough self pity - back later.
asirimarco

Re: I'm here - ASirimarco

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 am

Well, your message beat my phone call by about 1/2 an hour - didn't want to try too early.

Now, Carol - here's the law of the land here - we are friends (albeit online) and we will let you have an occasional pity party - and we will commiserate with you. So, don't just post when you're feeling fine, but come on in during the funk and let us cheer you up. Do NOT worry us like this every again.

<End of lecture>

Seriously - you have been missed and please stay in touch. Speaking of aches and pains, Sparkle and I have been walking/hiking for as much as 7+ miles a day - but the last couple days, part of each hike used different leg muscles and we are both acting like little old ladies barely able to move. Ha. We'll just take an easier day today.

Take care, dear friend. Hi to your lovely DH. Hugs to cheer you up.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 am

Carol, welcome back to the real world. This too shall pass. After all the sunshine and beauty you experienced there is bound to be a let down. You need to put away your Traveling hat and put on your House hat. And PLAN for your next trip. You have given us so much pleasure with your posts and pictures. And the sun WILL shine again. Sometimes I wake up and a bird will be singing its little heart out and my depression just lifts and floats away on its song.
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:35 am

Carol,

So glad that your ok, we was getting worried.

I guess you have the reasons to be in a blue funk! Right off the bat?? That weather would get to me! Especially after all the great weather and the sunshine in Mexico.

As to the loss of your son, that is not something I can relate with? But I do know loss and you are in my prayers.

Now the mice??? Nasty little things. How in the heck can something so utterly cute looking can be such a menace to so much and to so many?!!! It's an on going war for everyone!!! I know that there sure is enough suggestions and remedies that have been posted on here and you probably have some of your own too. All ya can do is keep waging the good fight!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Liz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:46 am

Nothing like a dose of the forum to cure the funk...has worked for me many times. So don't stay away so long this time, ok?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:34 am

Hi, Carol!

About a week ago, I was reading old posts and saw your picture and realized you hadn't been around. Checked your last post and saw it was when you had just gotten home and thought you were crazy busy!

Glad you're back...sorry you're blue. But you know, the ladies here can bring at least a temporary smile to your face! Sounds like a lot of crap dumped on your all at once. That sucks. We're having your same weather down here in NW Tennessee...

And what in the world happened to your tank? It's just the two of you in the house, right? Is it a really small tank? Or is your leech field clogged? Ugh if that's the case. I'm goofy careful about our septic tank. We have possibly the world's worst soil here in Tennessee - CLAY. So I take great care to try and not overload the field lines - like minimal laundry during all this rain! Did you have the tank pumped?

Hey, I see the sun's trying hard to peek out here...I'll send it your way! It'll make you feel lighter...

Michelle
mitch5252

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:47 pm

YAY! So good to hear from you, Carol!

It sounds as if you've been really busy since you got home. I LOVE the color of your house! Although that bridge is pretty, an entire house of that color, as you say, might attract fire engines! You chose a very pretty shade!

Stay in touch as much as you can. Even if you are not the usual 'tour guide' you have been this winter, we would love to hear from you, anyway. And if you need to cry, or feel sad, we do that well, too.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks for checking in and sharing. I think that talking about depression from life, loss, weather......is one of the hardest topics to bring up with friends or anyone. And it matters. I think that is one of the things I have noticed with the messages and support shared here. It matters.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cedar518 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:02 am

Carol,... I'm just catching up on posts here, so everyone has already said things i would say to you. The main thing is .... we missed you, and we CARE about you!

Hugs! and more Hugs!
Cedar518

Return to General Talk