ID Theft

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: ID Theft

Postby carold » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:13 am

We do everything we can to keep our $$$ and info safe, but you never know. Yesterday, I took out some cash from an ATM and within minutes, my DH called a little frantic that someone had stolen my debit card. I had tried to call to let him know, but he didn't answer. He was doing an update online and wondered how someone could have used it, since we had just gotten back from Spain. (He checks our accounts every am). Thanks everyone for all the good information. :D

When I taught LD high school students, we had a class called "Consumer Math" which was required. We didn't have financial people come in but we did a lot of "real life" activities, like going to a car dealership, buying and figuring out what it would cost using credit vs cash as well as going thru the paper, getting a job, renting, cost of living, cost of a house at the end of 30 years, etc. What an eye opener for the kids. Also spent 2 years with students on "on the job training" where we left campus and worked 1/2 day. One year at a golf course and one year at an assisted living apartment. I think some program like yours should be mandatory. carold
carold

Re: ID Theft

Postby Liz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:33 am

I wish I'd had that class in high school!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Previous

Return to General Talk