Really good news

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Really good news

Postby avalen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:32 pm

I've been sittin on this good news all week and I just can't keep a secret any longer.
Get ready for it.................
Last thursday, a week ago yesterday, I received a package in the mail that I had
previously ordered.....Electric cigarette!
long story short, I quit smoking!!
its been a week and with the help of the electric cigarette I have no withdrawel
stress, etc. I puff on the electric cigarette when I need to, and it satisfies the craving.
There is no tobacco and no smoke, just a little vapor and it comes in flavors too as well
as different levels of nicotine to zero nicotine. Everyone at work is impressed with this
new tool and some are ordering their own, and some have gone cold turkey.
I first heard of this device when I went online to order myself some cigarettes from
the indian reservation where they are MUCH cheaper and they had this device called
an electric cigarette. I researched it and was impressed so I bought one, have since
found out there are a few other companies that sell it but seems the one I bought is
cheaper than the others and is the SAME DAMN THING!!
So, if anyone wants to check it out....
go to ....
NJOY.com
if you know someone that smokes and is trying to quit, suggest this device, I love it!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Really good news

Postby WickedLady » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Good for you! Keep it up. You will be amazed at how much better you feel when you are nicotine free. I smoked for over 40 years and quit in 1999 when I had come down with a cruddy flu that was going around and could not stand to smoke. Figured it was a good time to kick the habit and have never looked back. Good Luck.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Sparkle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:53 pm

That is super Ava! And they say that your lungs heal themselves quickly if you give them the chance. Think Pink instead of black tar.
Sparkle

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:05 am

Congradulations!!!
sheila
snowball

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:20 am

Wonderful news! Now just keep a jar somewhere and figure out how much you were spending on cigs and whenever you would have (in your PAST) opened a new pack put that same amount of money in the jar. soon you will have a nice little nest egg! Never have been a habitual smoker I don't personally know the habit,...but both my parents smoked and i'm sure it's what led to my mother's death from congestive heart failure. Wonder if my asthma comes from being raised in a smoking home? just thought of that.

Ava I'm soooooooooooo proud of you ... as you must be proud of yourself! You GO girl!
Cedar518

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:11 am

Congratulations! I am sure you will feel better in the long run. The down side is that you probably won't like standing around smelling the smoke of other smokers......But luckily there are getting to be fewer and fewer of those.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:41 am

WOW - CONGRATULATIONS to you! It's a difficult thing to kick, but YOU CAN DO IT! When you start feeling better, and tasting better (well, not YOU tasting better, as in people nibbling on you), and smelling better (ditto previous comment) - it'll get easier and easier. You will become one of us reformed smokers who are a real PITA about those who continue to choose a bad road. I've sent your comment and a link to my girlfriend who continues to smoke (even 10 years after her dad died of lung cancer...)

YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!
mitch5252

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 am

CONGRATS, AVA!!!!!!

I don't have a birthday present for my daughter yet, and for my daughter-in-law-to-be, so am going to that site and look for these gadgets. I have been hearing about them on the news, but have never talked to anyone who has tried one before. Thanks for the info, and keep up the good work!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby relaxing101 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:57 am

:D AWESOME! Quitting isn't easy but it is the best thing that you can do for yourself (and those that love you). I quit 8 years ago after smoking for 40 years and I feel so much better and so will you!!!

Stay with it!!

Bonnie
Life is a maze full of choices! Choose your path wisely!
relaxing101

Postby Mollysmom » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:48 am

Way to go Ava !!!
That's a hard thing to quit so I'm really proud you were able to find your own way to stop smoking :D
I quit a couple of years ago but still like standing next to someone who smokes so I can get a little second hand smoke ! Gotta be honest, if I were told I had 6 months to live the first thing I'd do is buy a carton of cigarettes !!!
I'll share your success story with friends and family if I hear of someone trying to quit !! It sounds like a great solution
YIPPEE FOR YOU !!!!!
Mollysmom

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:23 am

Good for you!!! I quit about 10 years ago and am sooooo glad I did. Now I can't stand the smell of smoke at all.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:50 am

Ava, that's such great news!! I'm so proud of you!
I watch the afternoon TV show called The Doctors, and they showed that gadget. I'm glad you found it and it working for you. Good job!
AlmostThere

Postby carold » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Congratultions Ava. What a great feeling. I know food will even taste better, so watch it. :lol: :lol: carold
carold

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Hooray Ava! Yes you'll taste food better and have you noticed how sweet your clothes will smell now.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Liz » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Congratulations Ava, we're all proud of you! Praying this will be the thing for you to be successful.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Next

Return to General Talk