Rally 2009

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Rally 2009

Postby Sparkle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:38 pm

There have been no Happy Pictures and chit-chat from Beth and I because we really aren't having such a good time as we expected. First of all, like Ava, I threw out my back. For the last two days Beth has picked up anything I drop (luckily I make it to the bathroom) :lol: She had to unhitch for me. She drives my truck. We went to the exhibits today and as I knew I'd be doing a lot of walking I took a powerful pain pill, in fact I raided my suicide stash. Halfway through the day Beth commented that I didn't seem to want to do much. I assured her I was having a good time in my head, but I was so spaced out I was barely talking. So that is one problem. Another is that the exhibits are about an hours drive away from where we are camped. We waited 40 minutes for the Rally bus to pick us up this morning. The line was so long that we were on the 4th bus. Plus, get this! It was snowing! When we came out of the seminars we did go to, there was a long line waiting for the return busses. So we thought if we looked at some of the RV models it would be shorter. WRONG! A vender told us that yesterday the wait was two hours. It was freezing rain but there was nothing else for it but to wait. Then our Angels arrived. A couple Beth had worked with at Port A spotted us and scooped us up. They had brought their car! As we will do tomorrow. Then although we came in on Early Bird Day they had already had the Seminar that Beth really wanted to go to. It was the Alaska trip by the people who write the books. The concert last night was a dud and we left early. Have you ever heard 50 and 60's music played at a depressing speed? Well, did that cheer you all up? It did me, I feel better now and tomorrow is another day! :D :D :D
Sparkle

Re: Rally 2009

Postby Bethers » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Sparkle didn't mention that we got up about 5 this morning to go on a hot air balloon ride; walked over to it - and at about 10 to 6 they canceled them this morning due to the bad weather - which actually wasn't as bad then as a couple hours later. It is frigging freezing here, with possible snow called for tonight. I forgot to fill my tank to the brim, in case I needed to use my generator much - and am keeping my fingers crossed it keeps running when I really need it, like now. Brrrrrr, the forecast here has changed since this morning, the low tonight was supposed to be around 40 - high barely got over that - low is back to low 30's and possibly an inch of snow tonight, more in higher elevations. Ugh. Oh, we both bought a handy little gadget from one of the booths. Paid a whopping $4.50 each. Got to Camping World booth and the same gadget was $2.99. Ugh again :)

Hopefully we'll feel better at the Neil Sedaka concert tonight. If we can manage to handle the cold to walk over there.

OK, I feel better now, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:53 pm

AND the Guiness Book of World Records contest we were looking forward to.....Cancelled. When we got here my spaghetti dinner which was in a Tupperware box fell out of my fridge. I got on my knees (remember my back problem) and picked up anything that hadn't actually touched the floor. I now call it Floor Spaghetti, and I ate it. Then the darned dog, who eats EVERYTHING wouldn't touch what was left on the floor. So on my knees again to clean it up. Can we go home now Beth? Oh that's right. We are home!
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:11 pm

And with rigs next to each other - we're sitting here talking to only each other :) And my generator is working overtime and my rig is still cold - haven't even removed my coat and have a blanket in my lap. Peaches thinks it's great. Dang dog.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Oh My, Girls---I am so sorry for your latest escapades. Between the weather, the cancellations, and Sparkle's bad back, it sounds a bit trying to say the least. And here I was hoping you were having too much fun to even sit down and write to us.

Here's hoping that the snow won't pile up------I see that Colorado got about 3 feet today!------and that you will be warmer tomorrow. Maybe this is a good Alaska prep course??

Love from my trailer----yes, I am in it tonight! It is wonderful to be back out here at last!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Awwwww..... disappointment in exhibits and concerts is one thing but back pain is very hard to take.

dose up good Sparkle, and go to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Beth,... try to stay warm.... cuddleup with Peaches!

It won't help, but for once it was warmer here...got to over 60° today,.... and probably isn't much lower than 45° now only I"m too lazy to go to back door and confirm that!
Cedar518

Postby Orchid » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:13 pm

I've been thinking about you two and my friends at the rally. They don't care for the cold , so I imagine they aren't having a good time either. What a disappointment. I thought New Mexico in April wasn't a good idea the first time I heard about it but thought surely the "experts" know best. So sorry things have turned out so badly.
Orchid

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Soooo sorry things are not going well. Heres hoping tomorrow will be much better for both of you.
Hard to remember it is still snowing in parts of the country. We finally had sunshine today and temps in low 70s. Unfortunately bad weather moving back in by Saturday night. Nonetheless, spring has arrived here.
Stay warm and hold on to positive thoughts - it will get better.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Forgot to ask, what kind of new gadget did you buy?
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby WickedLady » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Sorry you are having such a bad time. And I know what it's like to have a bad back; I feel for you Sparkle. Got any Aspircreme? Hope things turn around for the better.
WickedLady

Postby Sparkle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:51 pm

I forgot about Aspercreme! I do believe I have a tube of that. I got it when I broke my foot. Well tonight made up for all the angst we have gone through. The Neil Sedaka Concert was wonderful! We forgot to be cold and I felt no pain as long as he was singing. He put on a really good show.Its pouring rain, but the forecast is better.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks all for commiserating with us when we just felt like venting. There are good things about the show even with all the problems today. Like the concert tonight -

Peaches is not a "cuddle" dog unfortunately (sometimes fortunately lol) - yep, wish in this cold she was.

Okies, going to take me and my long underwear to bed. Supposed to be somewhat better by tomorrow afternoon - weatherwise.
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:02 am

so sorry to hear that you had such a lousy day!!!
when you aren't up to par or the weather isn't cooperating things look even worse!
glad you enjoy the concert!!! what a concert that would have been
now to the important stuff the gadget????????????? :lol:
sheila
snowball

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 am

If it wasn't for just having read Nick Russel's Blog about the buses and the weather at the rally I would say you were just making sure we didn't get too jealous of your fun. These are the stories that will get retold to laughter though. They do make the journeys interesting.... if you can keep from freezing. Enjoy what you can, I know you will find the silver linings and hidden surprises....because you are always looking for them. Thanks for sharing.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:48 am

Man, that sucks when you're out to have a great time and so many things don't cooperate! I hope today will be an improvement! Sparkle, how's your back today?

I didn't know Neil Sadaka still toured! I play his greatest hits album in my car all the time. Nice trip highlight!!!

It'll get better...you have each other to laugh at/with!!! :)
mitch5252

Next

Return to General Talk