Washing My House...

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Washing My House...

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:57 am

I just finished the worst side of the house. The power washer alone should take care of the rest,... the north side really needed scrubbing. Rather than put several photos through Photobucket I thought I'd just put up a link. Here's what it looked like!

http://adirondackview.blogspot.com/
Cedar518

Re: Washing My House...

Postby Liz » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:11 am

Wrong house, Cedar! Wash the Chalet! Get her ready....I told you to do something fun!!!! :lol:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:39 am

Actually i have had a great sense of satisfaction to get this done. While not "fun" it was enjoyable. I am a home-body and do enjoy puttering around here. Only better time is when my Chalet is camping! :D
Cedar518

Postby carold » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:47 am

Now that I don't have a two story wood stick house to pressure wash, I can just enjoy watching you. :lol: The MH is much easier. carold
carold

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Cedar, just a heads up. Using the power washer on siding isn't recommended as it forces water under the siding and that's not a good thing. What's popular out here in the northwest is a product called 30 Seconds. Our garden section of our grocery store sells it. I bought the smallest bottle today to give it a try. Looks like the main ingredient is bleach. On my painted wood sided shed I spray on Clorox cleaner and the mold disappears nicely. I usually spray it on the day before I know it's going to rain so the bleach doesn't just sit on the wood. Just sharing what works for me. Have done it for 3 yrs now and it's working for me. I have NOT tried it on my vinyl house siding, though.
AlmostThere

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:32 pm

AlmostThere, I'm not concerned about the pressure from the washer, as this is a small one. I'm also standing back a bit to rinse off the suds. I would never do anything to jeopardize my home. I also wouldn't want to use anything with bleach in it. But thanks for your concern!
I appreciate your thoughts.
Cedar518

Return to General Talk