Asking for prayers

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Asking for prayers

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 pm

I haven't been on much, so many things are happening here, but tonight i am scared to death and can't do much except prayer about it.

My daughter in law is a diabetic, she has been under good control as far as the diabeties is concerned. But about 3 weeks ago, she got an infection in her leg. After a week, they put her in the hospital. She has now been in the hospital 2 weeks. They had her on antibiotics, but the wouldn't bring the infection under control. So about 3 days ago they put her on a super strong antibiotic, said they would have to watch her liver and kidneys. But the antibiotic seem to be working but now today, they are taking her for an MRI again, with fear that the infection is in the bone. You know from there where my mind has gone. I am sure my son's has too. He called me from the hospital for me to feed his dogs, and is awaiting some answers.

Please say some prayers for Deb, she is a great person, and this just seems to be going from bad to worse.

Thanks for listening, just needed somebody to share this with.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Re: Asking for prayers

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:22 pm

I'll put her right up front in my prayers. I, too, am a diabetic so I understand completely. Please keep us posted on her progress.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Sending you strength and healing from here. All I have to offer is heavy-duty brain-waves of healing powers for your daughter-in-law, and comforting thoughts for your son and you. I will concentrate all night on this, and light a candle for you all. By morning, perhaps the antibiotics will kick in and she will be better. Perhaps the MRI will show clear bones and healing wounds. Please let us know the updates, and big comforting hugs for you all.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm joining Soosie with strong thoughts,.... holding her in good light. And to you my friend too. Please keep us updated.
Hugs!
Cedar518

Postby Fernie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Nan---so sorry to hear that and I sure wish the best for her. My thoughts and prayers are with her, your son and you!! I know how scarey that is to wait to see what they are going to do.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby WickedLady » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:54 pm

I hope all turns out for the best. FYI: for those with this disease; Brewers yeast contains Chromium Picolinate, a mineral that is essential for the efficient function of the hormone insulin. I know it helps as I suggested a friend give brewers yeast to her cat that had diabeties. She was able to cut down on the insulin shots and the cat is doing much better.
WickedLady

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm sending up prayers for Deb
I lit a candle for her, if anyone else wants to go to the candle site, it's http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=rvgal
Blessing to you all
Please keep us posted
Mollysmom

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:07 pm

My son just called me back, no results of the MRI until tomorrow. But he said they are not looking at this as an offshoot of diabeties. They are looking for something like a spider bite, or staff infection that caused this. He said they are considering surgery and perhaps scrape the bone to help rid it of the infection. That is why they did the MRI to find out what the infection has affected.

If this is a staff inection, it is the third one I have heard of in the last month. One lady had one on her stomach, one many had one on his hands and now Deb. The problem with staff is you don't know where you come into contact with it.

Will update after they get some more results tomorrow.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Nan, your daughter-in-law will be in in my prayers tonight. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. The antibiotics are going to do their job and the healing will begin. Might be a long road, so try to have patience, and faith.
mitch5252

Postby avalen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 pm

definately prayers and good healing thoughts for your family and for your stress.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Nan, may the Lord hold your family tightly. Lean on Him when you are weary for He is our strength in all things.
God Bless
AlmostThere

Postby Sparkle » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Nan, those Staph infections are really bad. I had Strep throat. It took the strongest antibiotics they had to get rid of it. My throat was cured, but a year later I found it had been hiding in my breasts. I had to have chunks of my breasts removed. The poor things look like Spalding tennis balls. I will be sending my strongest best thoughts to your DIL and bless you for caring so much about her.
Sparkle

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 pm

More prayers and positive thoughts headed your way from here as well.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby carold » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:01 am

Sending you blessings and strong healing thoughts for a good recovery. Take care of yourself too. carold
carold

Postby ohlucy05 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 am

My prayers are with you, your son and daughter in law. I hope that you all get answers very soon.
ohlucy05

Next

Return to General Talk