Waited until (almost) the last minute ...

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Waited until (almost) the last minute ...

Postby Getupngo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 am

Well, I have submitted my 2007 returns to the Gods of Government Finance ... and found I did NOT owe tax to the state. I worked last summer in Washington State -- which has no income tax -- and expected to get socked by my home state. But I ended up with a $3 state refund. Can't even get a good latte for that! :lol: I am getting a good chunk of MH gas money (did I say that out loud!! :roll: ) from the feds.

I usually do my taxes on line, but my provider's server was just SLAMMED ... and it took me HOURS to buy & download the software. It was just a few more dollars ... and well worth it in avoiding frustration. There were times it took a half hour or more to go from page to page -- even in the purchase process.

Anyway, I am greatly relieved.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Re: Waited until (almost) the last minute ...

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:25 am

CONGRATS, Janice! I finally got mine mailed, too, and last year I owed BIG bucks, so I waited until the last minute this year. However, I discovered they owe me as much as I paid them last year! So....wish I had filed earlier! Sigh!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby soisew » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:23 am

We actually had our accountant file an extension, how lame is that...Anyways it will give us time to print out our massive amount of papers to send to her for her to work up a deal. It will be our 1st year filing with the house as a rental and partial residence of NC & NE so...a mite comfusing. However I think we'll come out ok this time.
soisew

Postby LegalLady » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 am

I went on extension too. Have to get together the rental info for the investment property I own and ship the whole lot off to my cpa - who is my sister!

A number of years ago, I owed an enormous amount of taxes and actually had to refinance the house to come up with the money. The experience scarred me so much that now I hugely overwithhold every year and get big refunds. My cpa/sister keeps tellling me to reduce the withholdings and I 'm an audit risk with such big refunds, but I just can't do it. And although all the money gurus say I'm giving the government an interest-free loan, it sure is nice to get that big fat check - no way would I have saved it up on my own!

Leslie
Leslie
Boston, MA
2007 Roadtrek 210P
LegalLady

Postby Getupngo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 am

I'm just tickled to be getting a chunk of cash back. The ol' cushion was getting a bit thin .... but I still don't have enough to go to Alaska with Beth. Sigh.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Return to General Talk