For those of us who remember clotheslines..

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: For those of us who remember clotheslines..

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:33 pm

I own an iron....I think?? :roll: But am an expert at catching the dryer at the right time, so I don't IRON.......Don't buy anything that doesn't have at least 10% of poly in it..... ;) Maybe once a year I drag the iron out, if it is a special occasion... :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Liz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:35 pm

And to think my mother had to iron everything from handkerchiefs to pillowcases!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Birdie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:00 pm

I remember hanging out clothes mostly in the winter - it was brutal with the wind. Lots of us in the family, too, all the way from 17 to new born and that created much washing. Loving retirement with all the pluses it brings. If it has to be ironed it isn't in my closet, is my new motto. Looking for a home for a few items that need dry cleaning...everything else is able to be lovingly crinkled with the jeans! Still have clothesline at the farm in Oklahoma and it gets lots of use in nice weather.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:57 pm

IRON??? What's that mean?

(When my kids were in Kindergarten, they were asked to tell the teacher the names of things in a book, and neither of them had a clue what the iron was!)
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 am

I loved the poem! I'm from the era, that ironed absolutely everything, from mens drawers to sheets, sometimes towels to get them feeling totally dry and then of course, every item you wore. Can't say I miss all that. I do have an iron somewhere, but like some, I have learned the exact time to take things out of the drier. I don't like wrinkles, and something that needs touched up with an iron, doesn't get worn often :roll:

Brought back great memories, lets forget the work part :lol: ;)

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby pattyk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:49 am

I own an iron, but the only time it is used is when I sew which is rarely now. My kids knew what an iron was because of my sewing.

When my oldest son (now 52) started to school, I went to Sears and they had "wash & wear". Needless to say that is the only type clothing I bought since then.

At one time I had 2 boys in diapers, a wringer washer and a clothesline. A friend thought we should have a puppy for the kids. We agreed until the time I went in the backyard and saw all the diapers on the ground instead of drying on the clothesline. The cute little puppy went back to our friends.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Previous

Return to General Talk