Going back to the island!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Going back to the island!

Postby Liz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 pm

I'm happy for you too, Janice. It's a beautiful place, and I know you had a great time there!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm glad you are excited about going back! Hooray!
AlmostThere

Postby WickedLady » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:15 pm

I will look forward to seeing you. Maybe it will work out for others to join us and we can have a small GTG for lunch or something. Keep us posted.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 am

Janice, I am so happy for you because you are happy. I know you really liked it over there. I followed your posts on the "old" forum but want to see your pictures again so I'll PM you, I'm on FB too.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:00 pm

YAHOO, JANICE!

I have fond and icky memories of San Juan Island-----beautiful place, but weird experience while I was there. I went out to visit the guy I was in love with, and we were planning to be salmon fisherpeople after we got married. He was working on a boat, and had access to San Juan Island. While out there on my spring break (spring flings are nearly ALWAYS disastrous!) we got married....on San Juan Island. I had been going out with him for quite a few months back here before he left for the northwest coast to establish his job and get us a boat. I thought I knew him. WRONG! He became a Jekyll and Hyde----one mintue happy and fun and active, and the next, morose, and down, and a slug. I was so confused and horrified. When I got back here, I went over to his sister's house----she and her hubby were my landlords for the log cabin I was living in----to ask her if she had any idea what was up with her brother----that wonderful, perfect man I met with whom I was totally in love. She said, with some incredulity, "Oh---I thought you knew he is BiPolar and a druggie!" WHAT????? How in heck did I ever miss that?????? I was totally devastated, and decided to begin get-unmarried procedings as soon as possible. We got an annulment, thank heavens. Since then, he has been incarcerated many times, found on the streets of various states in the country totally naked and out of his mind, and in rehab too many times to count. To this day, I still think of him as that perfect man I gave my heart and soul to-----where that other person came from, or how he hid it from me for so long, I will never know. I still mourn that perfect man I thought I knew.

And that is what San Juan is for me!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Paulette » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:15 am

Janice, every time I see the heading of this post I think of Leon Russell. Love that song!

Watch the sun go down,
Hear the sea roll in,
And I'll be thinking of you,
And how it might have been.

Watch the sunset die,
Hear the nightbirds cry
And I hope you understand
I just had to go back to the island.

Anyway, hope it is a wonderful summer for you there!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby carold » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 am

Janice, that's terrific. I followed your adventure last year and am looking forward to this one too. If we travel near you, will see if we can find a place to park MH and visit.

Soos, what a story! My cousin was bi-polar (after turning 13). Not an easy life. But look how well your life turned out anyways. Besides, how many people ever get to find true love no matter how short the duration. carold
carold

Postby Getupngo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:30 am

A Northwest mini-GTG? What fun! It would have to be on the mainland ... and you all could walk on to the ferry (MUCH cheaper) to visit the island -- and maybe I could put together a deal for some mopeds!! I'd only have mid-week days off, however .... but hey ... you don't need ME there all the time to chaperone you ladies. LOL. Jan, will you be "home" this fall? This time I WILL bring my passport so that I can visit Vancouver Island.

Soos ... what a sad sad story. You probably met your sweet love during a manic phase, when many bipolars are very outgoing and charming. Lots of them become alcohol and drug dependent as a means of trying to manage their symptoms. I have a tragic story of a bipolar young man in my own family ... he's out at the state mental hospital now ... probably for the rest of his life.

But thank you everyone for sharing my excitement. Paulette ... thanks for the Leon Russell lyric. How appropriate.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Previous

Return to General Talk