Guadalupe Mountains National Park

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Guadalupe Mountains National Park

Postby Sparkle » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Here we be at the campground. Beth's rig is behind mine. I tried to get a snap with both rigs, then I lost the mountain.

This is my normal view as we do a hike.
:lol: Image

Not very far up yet, but there are rigs at the front.

This was listed as a moderate hike. I'm glad we didn't try a difficult one. Two old broads clambering around in the mountains.
We are walking 7 to 8 miles a day. I'm all flab except for my legs (they are magnificant)

We sat on a log for a break and acted like teenagers, taking photos at arms length.

We really liked this tree. It turned out to be a Texas Madrone. The bark peels off and it almost looks like skin.

This tree had unuisual bark, it was broken into squares and the roots looked like snakes.

A lot of the cactus are in bloom right now.

Th-th that's all folks!
Sparkle

Re: Guadalupe Mountains National Park

Postby avalen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm

what great pictures, and your rig looks bigger than I thought it was, how big is that?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:18 pm

that is one creepy looking tree with the squared bark. But a great pic of the two of you!
Cedar518

Postby Redetotry » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks for the great pictures. I liked the strange tree! You guys probably 'legged' up walking on the beach.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Every time I would let her take the lead, in a minute or two, she'd be back behind me - just so she can take pictures of my arse, I'm sure. She's the better hiker of the two of us.

Sparkle's rig is 31 feet, I believe. Mine is a midget next to it. I didn't take any pics at Guadalupe - and still am working (fighting) with Photobucket - so I think I'll be spending more time as I have it getting my website updated and all my pics there - will share the addie as I get there! And meantime will comment on Sparkle's wit and pictures.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:20 pm

I enjoyed all the photos but the one of the two of you is really great. I like the first tree and the blooming cactus best.

That's a lot of walking you are doing; is it all on such hilly terrain? Now that you have your legs in such good shape, you will have to start carrying something - big rocks, maybe - to lift over your heads as you walk in order to get arms in same shape as legs :P . Actually I'm just jealous 'cause I cannot even walk a mile, but I'm working on it.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:58 pm

As always I love your photo's and your travels, keep them coming :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby snowball » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:46 am

Thanks for the pictures...what an area...and that is some major walking I can't do that in a dream. But going to work on it this summer
loved that picture of you two
enjoy this time
sheila
snowball

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 am

Nice picture of the both of you. Really a neat area to Boondock in. That tree is ugly in the picture, creepy looking. Of course, anything even resembling snaky things is reallllllllly ugly to me :shock: What highway are you all traveling?

Take care and safe travels you Two

Carol

Keep the pictures coming Sparkle, please!!
Carolinagal

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Like the trip you are taking us on, thanks. I have found that I can walk farther when i have someone to walk with and interesting things to see. The dogs get me to go the original miles but people can get me even farther.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Return to General Talk