Langtry, Texas

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Langtry, Texas

Postby Sparkle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Home of Judge Roy Bean, who, I suspect was quite mad! Here are Beth and I on the steps of the Jersey Lilly Saloon and Billiard Hall where he dispensed his brand of Justice and a Hooch or two.

The Bar. Not fancy at all.

There was also a Desert Garden attached. Beth as a Cactus.

Some of the Cactus were pretty enough to belong in a garden. This is a Ruby Pear Cactus.

This one was pretty, but don't ask me the name of it.

Beth has photos to add to this. We have Internet now and we will catch up. We still have to show you the Guadalupe Mountains National Park and Carlsbad Caverns. We have been busy girls. (She's wearing this old lady out) :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Sparkle

Re: Langtry, Texas

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:33 am

without seeing the whole plant think it's a ocatilla
Really pretty!!!
sheila
oh thanks for the photo's
snowball

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:00 am

Yes the plant was a Ocotillo, I have a huge one in my yard. I have a photo of me and my girlfriends in the Jersey Lillie Saloon. Was a nice tour of the gardens and then we walked across the street and ate a ice cream bar. We were on our way to Mexico
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:12 am

Sparkle, you must be kidding! i don't think ANYBODY could wear you out! :D That rose colored cactus is certainly lovely. Thanks for the tour!
Cedar518

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 am

Love the photos. That pink cactus is so unusual - so in the one in the blue dress. No way do I believe Beth is wearing you out Sparkle.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:41 am

Okay Sparkle, what do your sunglasses say? Can't wait to see you guys.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:39 pm

That pink cactus is so pretty, I've never seen or thought of them being pink. Live and learn. Looks like you all had a good time with Ole Judge Roy Bean. Looking forward to other pics from your trip.

Safe travels you two, won't add to be good, will save my breathe!!

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Love the photos!!!! You 2 always have the best time.....Can't wait for more photos!!! ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Keep on trucking......love the pics.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Great photos! You guys must be having a GREAT time!!! How very cool is that!!!
mitch5252

Postby WickedLady » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Sparkle being worn out?? I don't believe it.
WickedLady

Postby Sparkle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Would you all kindly nag Beth into posting HER pictures of Langtry? We are falling so far behind and its all HER Fault! She's got nothing else to do.....
My glasses say NEW MEXICO. The Avatar I had before was half me and half a map of New Mexico, but I figured you couldn't read it.
We still have to post pics of Gaudalupe Mountains National Park, Carlsbad Caverns, Sitting Bull Falls. And now the lake where we are camped. WHAT are you DOING, Beth? :D
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Unlike Sparkle, who loves to nag me, I have a business to run while I'm on the road - and that usually takes up all the time I have online - especially on all the days I'm working on battery power! Tonight I have not finished biz, and she'll be rushing me out of here tomorrow - but she is NAGGING - and now she's doing it to me online too! OMG.

And, no, I have NOT run her ragged - when we get to the batch of pics of us at a falls - I was in trouble - she was climbing with absolutely no problem - as was Peaches.

OK, I'm off to up some pics to photobucket and will return and add to this thread.

Sparkle, I have NO pics of Guadalupe - those are all on my other camera which you have :) So you could have posted them already! And my pics of Carlsbad - will see if there are any salvageable - as you all don't want to hear my story with my new camera. But I think I have it fixed. Fingers crossed and time will tell.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 pm

Excuses, excuses! Get yer finger out....I can't post new pics until we get Langtry done with. I tell ya, two opinionated women traveling together....I still love her..... :D
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Well, unfortunately, it might be another day before we can finish Langtry, as Photobucket does not like me tonight. My diet since on the road has been very, very good. I've been eating and eating tonight while fighting with photobucket for the last couple hours - and only one pic finally is uploaded - so will show it.

Here we are boondocking in the Community Center lot in Langtry. They have a box requesting a donation of $2. We both gladly paid. We even both wanted to donate something for the Judge Roy Bean house, etc - but they wouldn't let us there. Go figure. A town of 18 - nice folks, all of them we met - and we met 3 of them that I know of.

Here's the pic:

Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to General Talk