Mail fowarding services

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Mail fowarding services

Postby reanns » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:45 pm

My son is no longer interested in looking after my mail and sending it to me. I know that Good Sam and Escapees offer a service and I am sure there must be others. Ideas, suggestions, pros and cons?

ReAnn
reanns

Re: Mail fowarding services

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:42 pm

There is a local UPS office in my town that will also forward my mail. It also gives me a "real address" as opposed to only a P.O. Box. Texas will not mail my driver's license to a P.O. box so my address is *** Quinlan St. #274, which looks like an apartment. I pick up my mail once a week when I'm in town. When I leave town, I leave some money and they send me my mail when they get an envelope full. I pay all my bills on line and also get all but my bank statement (they're not quite in the 21st century yet) on line. If I think I need a copy of anything I just copy it to a file folder on my computer. IF you have any more questions I can answer, feel free to PM me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sparkle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:01 pm

I use America's Mailbox out of South Dakota. They subscribe to Good Sam, AAA, and other companies in the Rving world so that they can open their mail and know what is junk and what needs to be forwarded. They also e-mailed me to tell me that my TT tags were due. How much is was and I could send them the check and they would take it in. It also has a street address. If you go with them please use my name and I get a free month!
Sparkle

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:19 am

We have been using the Escapees Mail forwarding service since 2001 and love it. We just call them up and tell them where to send it. In the meantime it sits in a file in Livingston TX till they get a call from us. We also use my Mom & Uncles place for certain mail.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby snowball » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:28 am

We have a service in So.Dk. Dakota My Way in Madison...and she does a really good job as well. Again a street address and she makes sure that we get our what ever that we need. SD is also a state that doesn't have income tax
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 pm

I'll probably be switching to the service Sparkle uses - if I go ahead and change my address to South Dakota next month. Still weighing the pros and cons (mainly pros - but I have my business to consider).

That said - if this is going to become your address, you need to decide what state you want it to be in. And the sooner you do that, the better. Would have saved me more than a few grand had I done a SD address when I was first going full-time.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Well, we just went from a 10 x 30 storage unit to a 10x10 and saving over $200/mo. Was glad to get rid of furniture and would have like to get rid of more, but am satisfied for now. We might look into SD instead of FL for residency this year as it would be cheaper. Thanks for the info. carold
carold

Return to General Talk