One Step Closer

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

One Step Closer

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:19 am

Great News!! My condo sold. Yes, after 4 weeks on the market and a LOT of negotiation I have sold my condo in a cash sell. I am so excited. I am crazy confused. Yes, this is what I have planned for but I am happy, excited, scared. All emotions. I have never been without a stick/brick. I'll probably hit the road in September or October. Got to work a little more w/out encumberances to save the money I didn't get that I thought I would. I feel lucky and thankful that this has worked out so well.

Just thought I would stick my head into the room and give an update. Got so much to do now, I have to be out of here by April 21. Continue to say prayers for me.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Re: One Step Closer

Postby Lotus » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 am

Woo Hoo!! Although we talked last night about it, still want to say again how happy I am for you. What a journey you have already been on, and what a journey you'll begin soon! After my own life settles, I can't wait to fly and meet you somewhere! I woke this morning wondering if you even slept last night!! Cheers to you!!

Lotus (Becky)
Lotus

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:12 am

CONGRATULATIONS! Such a short time on the market and in this economy! Very cool. So, I take it you're going to be a full-timer come fall? I can almost feel your excitement and nervousness, but you'll be just fine. What an adventure your life is going to become. I'm envious.

Wow.
mitch5252

Postby avalen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:34 am

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! Now, will you live in the rv somewhere local
while your still working? and are you still in the process of flinging stuff out? If I was
closer, I'd sure come and help. I'm sure your overwhelmed with thoughts right now,
and emotions, but this is really a happy moment. WOOHOO!!!!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:42 am

Yippeeeeee! What wonderful and exciting news. And in this housing market. I can just feel your excitement. And only a couple weeks. Are you going to move into your rv for the rest of the summer - or somewhere else? C'mon - we want all the details.

So very happy for you - can't wait to see you on the road!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:31 am

Wonderful news! Congratulations on the sale of your condo. You must be so happy!!!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Paulette » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:15 am

YaHoooo....I'm so jealous! Congrats and don't sweat the small stuff!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Redetotry » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Congratulations on getting closer to your dream!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:16 pm

So exciting and wonderful......enjoy the adventure of it all, there is so much to discover, even in the process of emptying the stick house......keep us posted....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby carold » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:22 pm

That's terrific. Can't wait til hear all the details about your move. Felt very similar when we sold our place-but took no time to get used to having a mobile home. Congrats again. carold
carold

Postby WickedLady » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Good for you! Now hang in there; the best is yet to come.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:23 pm

Way to go!!!! I'm so excited for you. Do keep us up to date on other progress and don't forget to get some rest along the way so you can enjoy each step along the way.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:59 pm

What great news! Take a deep breath and relax, it will all be good.
Cedar518

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:59 am

You are right, Cedar, it will be all good. I am just abuzzzzz. It's so exciting. I put some stuff on Craigslist yesterday and by noon it was gone. The people came, brought cash and out it went. I have had garage sells, taken stuff to GW and the Rescue Mission so I'm pretty much set to go. My son will be coming up from GA on the 17th w/truck and will be taking the furniture he & GD wants, my nephew will come over and get a load and bff, Theda will come over to get the other "stuff" I can't decide what to do with and keep it for me. Whew!

Another bff, Cindy, who lives 1 mile from me and is never home has offered for me and Sedona to stay with her while I continue to work. Yeehaw! I'll probably do that and then be able to sort more and make room in Somewhere. I figure I'll hit the road in Sept, Oct or Nov. At least I'll keep up with my dream of Key West in Jan.

OMG, I am just too excited for words. I have such a support system around me. I am very fortunate.

Thanks to all the good wishes from you ladies, can't wait to meet you on the road or at least in a city near you.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Sparkle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:17 pm

Congratulations! A whole new chapter of your life is going to begin. Live it to the utmost! :D
Sparkle

Next

Return to General Talk