Moving On home in INdiana

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Moving On home in INdiana

Postby asirimarco » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:44 am

Well we are pretty much settled in at home. Sure is different weather than we've been used to. Been raining every other day, today is sunshine and by Monday there is a threat of snow!
Alfie is all cleaned up and parked and loaded with dryer sheets, electronic mouse repellers and mouse bait. Sure hope something works as I don't want to have to go through that again. We have two more states to add to our map but haven't yet as we put the slide in before remembering.
One of the first things we did when we got home was unpack the set of dishes we bought in Hidalgo. They ALL made it home okay, not even one crack or chip. It is a set for 6 with all kinds of serving pieces. We use it every day. They are lead free and dishwasher safe - first questions out of my mouth when considering buying them.
Some of the pieces of a place setting

One of the dishes
A close up - it is all hand painted and signed - we watched them paint - not ours but others

Then we got this for the house - it is by front door - remember if you come to Indiana

Also bought four sets of tiles of fruits and vegetables

and Bill has been busy - this is what we did with them - a wall int he kitchen that was just painted yellow before
And of course we couldn't resist some of these to hang around
Good thing we were traveling in the motorhome or we would have had that dining room set we saw in Hidalgo.
Still trying to get my web page finished for the trip and moving pictures from laptop to PC and external drives.
Looks like most of our Koi and goldfish made it. Guess the bobcat didn't eat too many. Also the roses are doing fine and the daffodills are blooming like crazy. The redbuds are starting so soon it will be all color around here.
Went into town and everyone welcomed us back. Heard that the profits for Bob Evans Restaurant and Menards (home improvement store) went down while we were gone. I believe it.
asirimarco

Re: Moving On home in INdiana

Postby dpf » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:06 am

Absoluely love the dinnerware and the tiles! And yes...you have bad weather coming...I'll send it on as fast as I can!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:08 am

if your driveway could talk it would say "welcome home"
great stuff you bought, love the tiles, had some similiar
years ago, they were all handpainted on single tile, and
set helter skelter into my kitchen wall behind my stove
back in Colorado.
The first thing that caught my eye in your picture of Alfie
was the beautiful GREEN pines, cause everything here is
so brown color, even our greens are brown :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Pooker » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:22 am

Your dishes are gorgeous! And the tiles look spectacular with the yellow. It would be hard to feel depressed if you're surrounded with these cheerful designs. Sorry for the bad weather coming, but you know April. She likes to taunt!
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:27 am

Really love all your new treasures; so cheerful.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Redetotry » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:54 am

Beautiful, love the bright colors and the tiles against the yellow wall! You guys really work and play hard!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:01 pm

The dishes go beautifully with the kitchen....and more importantly, they make you smile.....anything that bright and beautiful is bound to remind you everyday of the possibility for joy and laughter.......I do believe that we are effected my our environments.......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:28 pm

I am sooo jealous that you have a hubby that likes to create things! Mine avoids it!! Love the tiles and what you did in the kitchen!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 pm

so glad that you made it home ok Carol and I so agree you did good in the shopping ....like your tiles and it looks so good in the kitchen. What part of Indiana again?
never no when we may make it there...
sheila
snowball

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:06 am

Both the tile and dishes are just beautiful! Yellow is one of my favorite colors. You make me want to add a yellow tile backsplash in my kitchen (kitchen is pale yellow). Lucky you!!
mitch5252

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Love the dishes, Carol!
Cedar518

Return to General Talk