Road Trip! Road Trip!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Road Trip! Road Trip!

Postby carold » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Have fun and try not to get into so much trouble that one of us has to come and get you :evil: :lol: . Looking forward to your adventures. carold
carold

Postby Sparkle » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Orchid, Beth and I want to know who your neighbors are as we are going to the same Rally. We need someone to get into trouble other than us. We are in Langtry, home of Judge Roy Bean. We are Dry camping at the Community Center, $2.00 donation suggested! Photos termorrer!
Sparkle

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Looking forward to pictures and stories. Did you use the walkie talkies?
Watch out for UFOs (In 2008, the book The Other Roswell: UFO Crash on the Texas-Mexico Border tells the story of a reported UFO crash at Langtry, Texas in 1955.). There is also a famous solon there, The Jersey Lilly. Assume you might be too tired to party after a hard days drive, but if you went out, hope you found the Lilly.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:50 pm

We're at Guadalupe National Park for 2 nights. We rocked and rolled literally today with the wind and the big miles we put on. Enjoyed Langtry and all the info on Judge Roy Bean. And will post more tomorrow - hopefully with pictures - either myself or Sparkle. She doesn't have internet access tonight - I do, but my battery is low and I'm using my generator and we're running into quiet hours soon.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 pm

just don't holler "gumball!"...... be safe you two,.... and of course, stay out of jail! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Cedar518 wrote:just don't holler "gumball!"...... be safe you two,.... and of course, stay out of jail! :lol:

Gumball? You must know a story I don't. S'plain please!
Sparkle

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:44 am

Old movie,..... "Gumball Rally" or something like that. Might have been Burt Reynolds. A road RACE across the country. I think it was a comedy. guess it's time i looked it up on Netflix and ordered it.
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 am

Only Cedar would have made trhat connection. Gotta love it! :lol:
Sparkle

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:13 pm

The Gumball Rally
(1976) PG
A forerunner of the Cannonball Run movies (and all based on the same real-life annual event)
The Gumball Rally sees a group of disparate, lead-footed road racers vying for the top prize in a no-rules, cross-country race where the action never takes a backseat. The ensemble cast -- not counting all the great cars -- includes Michael Sarrazin, Gary Busey, Raul Julia, Tim McIntire, Steven Keats and J. Pat O'Malley. Chuck Bail directs.

Nope,... no Burt Reynolds,.. but it sounded like something he should have done!
Cedar518

Previous

Return to General Talk