Update from Allen, Tx.

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Update from Allen, Tx.

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:55 pm

Fernie, so sorry to hear of the illness and issues you have been dealing with. So glad you will get a break, even for such a short time. First priority, Take Care of Yourself, or you are no good for anyone. Enjoy your time off, and I hope and pray, it all will work out for you.
You're in my prayers, God Bless !!

Safe travels,

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Fernie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Just talked to Lloyd and Tayia came home from the hospital today. She is pretty weak and is breathing shallow but otherwise seems to be doing ok. Kids are amazing!!! She really had me concerned when she didn't respond to treatment for almost a week!!! Just wanted to give ya'll the good news. I am flying to Phoenix Tues. April 14th and will be back here in Allen the 25th for 2-3 more weeks. I need to be home the middle of May!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby Getupngo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:23 am

Oh, that's good news. I had pneumonia at that age ... what a challenge. I'm glad your niece is doing better.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Fernie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:39 am

Whew!! What a whirlwind!! Winds have been blowing hard here in Texas forever I think. Tayia still has some challenges ahead of her. Seems like the low oxegen level from her pneumonia has left her with a few problems to overcome. She is going to have to have some speech therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy!! Her speech is a little slow and slurred from the lack of oxegen but they think she will come back just fine. It was just take time and a lot of hard work. She was very active in sports etc. before this. They had all had the flu and Tayia's just took a turn for the worse.

Here in Allen, the put Mary in a diabetic walking boot that distributes the weight evenly when she puts weight on it. She hates it!!! LOL She likes slip-ons!! It is awkward I know. She isn't trying to walk much. I got her a walker on wheels with a seat. She doesn't like that either!!! She pretty much uses her wheel chair. She still has one little place that hasn't healed completely on her foot and her Dr. is waiting Medicare approval for a new skin graft procedure where they lay fresh live skin that is cloned and grown in labs into the wound and it gives it everything it needs to grow and stimulates growth. There are no stiches and they put in new skin every week till it is healed. He says approval should be no problem because it is for diabetics who have wounds a month old or older that hasn't healed. Hers has been almost 2 1/2 months!!

Lloyd comes in Monday evening and I fly to Az. Tues morning. Will be back here the 25th and stay till the middle of May. Tried to talk to Mary about what she wanted to do if she couldn't stay alone. She won't consider it!! Don't know what is going to happen!!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Previous

Return to General Talk