My Site With the Flamingos

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

My Site With the Flamingos

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:45 pm

The wind finally let up some today so I got my rug and the Flamingos put out and the ice maker. Its an end site and they're going to put up a cedar fence so I'll have great privacy. I started work today. Boy, am I out of shape and add in the altitude and I was pooped after only about 3 hours of cleaning. Hope I hit my stride soon and get used to the altitude. Love the hours - basically 11am to 1 or 2 pm depending on how much needs done and how many cabins there are to clean.

Nice end site.

Here come the Flamingos!!

Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: My Site With the Flamingos

Postby Sparkle » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:51 pm

There goes the neighborhood! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sparkle

Postby carold » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:57 pm

Well, you've definitely nested. :lol: The family must love it-and no loud chirping to keep you guys up. carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:07 pm

I think you should tell the whole story about your flamingo windsock - and how adept you are at putting those together.

<running and hiding>
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Birdie » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:57 pm

OMG, look at that sledge hammer on the bench! I think she is planning to have Flam for dinner! :lol: Karen I have some pics of those birds for you that you are going to love. Need to get them sized and then I'll put them up. Bet it is cool up there and gorgeous. Good luck in catching your breath up there.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 pm

okay, Beth the blabbermouth.

Bought BIG Flamingo not put together. Put first tail feather in backwards and it took three of us to get it loose again. Then tried to pound it in the ground and apparently ruined the piece that should have fit together with another piece. Took whole thing back to store and threw myself on their mercy (damn thing was expensive). They replaced the thing that goes into the ground. Now I have a BIG Flamingo that doesn't come apart. Put it in the passenger seat of the rig when I'm driving. Hey, gives me something to talk to on a long drive. Yes, people look at me rather strangely. Ground here really hard - no rain for ages - had to pour water, let it soak in then put the birds in the ground.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 am

Like everyone here didn't already know I'm a blabbermouth :) Ha - and it's such a good story. (She didn't mention she put in 2 of the wings wrong. I was only there for the 2nd one - but I heard it through the grapevine. There, now I blabbed - before I just made you do it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 am

OMG,... I'm laughing out loud,... as usual when you gals get going!
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:20 am

I KNEW there was more to the story, but forgot about the first one she, um, messed up.
Sparkle

Postby carold » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:33 pm

I just knew there HAD to be a story-those flamingos looked too good to have gotten there without some story behind them. Life just might not be quite as exciting if there were no fu-----ps, and this Forum would surely suffer in the laugh area. Well, I'm at the airport, ready to board for Atlanta and then Spain @ 7:00pm. WiFi is everywhere and supposedly at most of the hotels. Guess I won't suffer withdrawal symptoms if they work. carold
carold

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm

:lol: :lol: Love the story...and love the flamingos....you have rubbed off on me as I was looking for a flamingo "wind mill" today at Big Lots....Ernie thinks I'm nuts, but hey....once you got the flamingo bug.... ;) :lol: Glad you are all settled.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Mollysmom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Your site looks great !!
Love the flamingo story :D It can be so hard to put those things together - especially when your "friends" are helping you - HA !!!
Thanks for showing us your new home.
Mollysmom

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Haha, Trudy. We only helped her take it apart! We let her put it together wrong all by her lonesome. (Not saying we couldn't have done the same thing - but this time that's all on Karen :) )

Was just thinking about you Trudy- glad to see your post - where are you now?
Beth
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey Beth -
I mis-understood - it sounded like you "helped" ... at least you were there to take it apart :D
I'm in Salina Kansas today - I'm a couple of stops from "home" !!! I just checked and I've driven 2,725 miles since leaving Oregon !! No wonder I'm tired and the truck and RV look like crap (I sort of do too - HA) I'm going to spend a couple of nights here, I'm SO tired I need a day off from driving. Tomorrow I"ll clean the place, do laundry and take a nap. Friday I'll meet up with friends in Omaha then I'll be in Iowa on Saturday !! I'm excited to be home for awhile.
It'll be nice to see my sisters and their families - I want to go to Barnes and Noble (the bookstore) and HuHot (one of my favorite restaurants) It'll be nice to sit still for a few weeks, then I'm on to Wisconsin to work for the summer - I'm looking forward to that too.
I want to put my things out too !!! Seeing Karen's site all decorated makes me miss all my do-dads !! it'll be nice to see my decorative things again :D
Mollysmom

Postby Sparkle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Carold, are we going to get photos of Spain? And stories. We want stories! :D
Sparkle

Next

Return to General Talk