Weighty Thread for April

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Weighty Thread for April

Postby mtngal » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi all, seems like we are all on our schedules with check-in days, so how about instead of a new thread each week we just stick with one for the month?

So, how is everybody doing? For five weeks I would have hoped to loose more, but am moving in the right direction! My only excuse is just too many distractions, parties, visitors, traveling, my focus is too easily blurred! And that's what I like about you guys checking in with your own progress, it helps keep me in thinking in the right direction.

Looking forward.....
Diana
mtngal

Re: Weighty Thread for April

Postby Liz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:47 am

My initial progress came to a bumpy road of fluctuating up and down 1 to 2 pounds. I know it's my own fault though, because I haven't been consistent with diet and exercise. Maybe the start of a new month will inspire me again.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:32 am

I've lost three of the hoped for ten pounds. I write down everything I eat and then at the end of the day circle in red what I could haver done without. Its a constant reminder. But, has anybody else got this problem? I can't sleep!
Sparkle

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:27 am

Which problem? They eating stuff that as an intelligent person you know that you don't need or the I can't get a good nights sleep? Personally, I manage to have trouble with both. I think some of my headaches and general physical issues come from both. Eating stuff I shouldn't and not getting restful sleep on a regular basis. I miss those HRT that I use to take before the studies came out. There are times I think/feel that the lack of sleep is as harmful to health as HRT........
And I haven't gotten my act together to lose any weight and as the temps go up and the layers come off, I will notice it more and more...can't hide behind the baggy sweat shirt or hoodie any more :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Sparkle » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:42 am

Oh definately the sleep problem. Dieting seems to have disturbed my pattern. I couldn't say I go hungry to bed, but I'm wide awake at 3.00 in the morning. Then when I do sleep I wake up at my normal time. Oh well, it's the price I pay I guess. Circling what I shouldn't have eaten shows me a pattern of too much snacking on junk food in the evening. Tortillas Chips and Popcorn. So I didn't buy Chips and got low Cal Popcorn. It's a start.
Sparkle

Postby sharon » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:13 pm

Tina (Birdybye), try this:
Maca from Whole World Botanicals. www.wholeworldbotanicals.com

Stuff works miracles. Very few hot flashes and night sweats at night any more and maybe a light flash a couple times a week. Lots of research done on it and works soooo much better than any of the stuff at the drug store. None of the stuff I could get at the pharmacy worked at all on me. If you try it, get the straight Maca, not the one that has other stuff in it, didn't seem to work as well, altho as we've discussed before, everyone's bod is different. Good Luck!!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi, everyone! I had my weigh-in this morning and am still holding at my goal weight. I do leave this Fri. AM for my son's for a week and they love eating. They aren't junk food eaters but my DIL is Italian and they recently moved near Napa Valley so it seems she's stepped up serving more pasta/breads/oils/wine/red meats and cheeses. So I'm going to be tested for sure!! My saving grace will be all the walking as we plan on buying me a new summer wardrobe. Since my weight loss I'm in need of almost everything!
AlmostThere

Postby Getupngo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 am

Hi all you weight-loss ladies!

Okay, I climbed on the scale a few days ago ... and OMG OMG OMG!!! May I join you in your quest to shed pounds? Please? Please? Pretty please?

I've cut out sugar, reduced my eating and started walking. Walked for an hour yesterday for the first time in weeks with my new little sansa clip mp3 player (that required me to cut ties with my iTunes & figure out how to . I'm hurting today, but I'm getting out again for an extended stroll. We have hills here in my neighborhood, so the up and down is good for me.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby carold » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:06 am

Well, I can only comment on the sleep cycle since I'm one of those who would like to gain weight in the right places :oops: and please don't offer me any, it never seems to work :evil: . Sometimes I wake up for two or three nights in a row for 2-3 hrs and then fall back to sleep (after reading, tv, or something). It is definitely not good because during deep sleep is when your cells rebuild and your body boots up-food and/or stress play a part as well as alcohol. But I find that after doing this for 2-3 nights, I then sleep soundly for the next 2, no matter what I eat or drink or exercise. So for me, I try not to worry about it. Hmmmm, maybe that's where my memory has gone :shock: From the vineyards and mountains of Spain - Adios and Hasta La Vista, Baby. carold
carold

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:19 am

I kinda posted to this at Barbzeee's breakfast table, so won't repeat myself. I am doing well since arriving in CA to visit my son/family. I use their Wii to weigh myself and so far have only gained .4 of a lb.!
Keep us posted on how you are doing, Jan!
We are women hear us roar!!! :lol:
AlmostThere

Postby mtngal » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:54 am

Welcome Janice! Enjoy your walk!

Lenora, how did the shopping go? Did I miss something? Where in
CA?

Sleeping definately follows calories for me. The most helpful
is a warm drink.

What's new out there? Any updates?
Diana
mtngal

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:40 pm

Was not doing well at avoiding the eating thing so.....I decided to try another avenue. I was drinking way too many/too much diet colas. (Even thought I tried to stay with caff free.) I am aware of the writing that connects all that soda with actually increasing appetite, too much sodium, etc. Since starting back to work this week, I have managed to NOT drink any pop!!!! I think it has changed my munchie cravings. So maybe that and a future increase in walking I can begin to improve my over all health and decrease weight.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Diana, I'm in Vacaville not far from Sacramento. The shopping has been a blast!! I'm replacing most of my summer clothes. My treat to myself for my weight loss. I bought 12 new knit tops, a pair of jeans, Levi Bermuda shorts, cargo pants, 2 Capri's, a scarf, a necklace and 2 pair of earrings, skirt/jacket suit (on sale from $200 for $25!, a hiking shoulder pack (to replace my fanny pack), a pair of socks, 3 bras and some makeup and an iPhone! Whew!

Birdie, yes I have heard that eliminating soda all together can help tremendously in weight loss and with other health areas. Good for you!
AlmostThere

Postby Sparkle » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:48 pm

I LOVE it when people are good to themselves and you deserve it!
Sparkle

Postby carold » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:53 am

Lenora, how about a fashion show with pics. :D Definitely a well-deserved spree. carold
carold

Next

Return to General Talk