Into week four all ready!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Into week four all ready!

Postby mtngal » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Lenora! You go girl! That is a worthy accomplishment you have set before us!!!

Thanks for recipe Sharon, I love cabbage and eat it often.

Had a yummy Greek Salad from the Public Market in Emeryville tonight. And gelato for a treat. Tomorrow is the first day of spring, time for a new beginning!

Oh, and ordered the Core Rhythms work-out videos on Amazon. Good value for a used set. But only if I use them. ;)
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Good job, Lenora.

Sharon, I like the salad, but dislike that dressing - but I do love a version from Maple Grove Farms of Vermont that I discovered a few years ago when in New England - and is even in many stores nationwide now! It doesn't have the nuts in it. Is fat free, tho - and very low cal - almost the only salad dressing I use any more. They have a few variations but I like the Fat Free Raspberry vinaigrette the best.

Don't know why I don't like the ones with nuts in them - but the nuts in the salad are fine. Go figure.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 am

To be perfectly honest, Beth, I usually make my own dressing with raspberry vinegar, olive oil and stevia, but this was on sale at Vons for a buck, so thought I would try it. It was actually pretty good, but to each his own, that's why there's so many dressings out there! I like the original ranch dressing,but hate the Kraft and almost won't put a lo-cal ranch in my mouth. Did Sparkle like the salad?
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mtngal » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:27 am

stevia?
Diana
mtngal

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Stevia is an all natural sweetener. It can be expensive. I've tried it and don't like the after taste it leaves, but I do have sensitive taste buds.
AlmostThere

Postby sharon » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 pm

That's funny, Lenora, Stevia doesn't leave much of an aftertaste for me but all of the rest of the sweetners do....again, everyone's different. Can't drink diet soda because of the taste, guess it's a good thing I only drink maybe 6 sodas a year.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:00 pm

I quit drinking any sodas because I hated the after taste they all left. Then I discovered Splenda - and now I drink diet soda. As said - we all have different taste buds.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:21 am

Since I switched from drinking any sodas to drinking the flavored Seltzers (0 sodium--0 calories--0 calories--0 fat----0 everything) I no longer crave the sweetness of any carbonated drinks. UNLESS I wish to use one as a cocktail mixer! Then I discovered that Waist Watchers Sodas, sweetened with Splenda, as Beth mentioned, are all zeros in the counts, too, including sodium, calories, carbs, fats, etc. etc. Orange waist watchers soda with vodka is a great mixed drink, as is Waist Watchers cola and whatever!

My weigh-in will get posted later, AFTER I get out and move around today, hopefully allowing the scale to register another notch below last week!

Happy Saturday!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:05 pm

ALAS----no total pound loss this week (I don't have a decimal scale) but no gain, either. So I am assuming I should continue with what I am doing and increase activities until I get to FL and decide to go to that 'ALL YOU CAN EAT' lobster/seafood place right near the house! Last time I was there, two or three years ago, I ate 8 lobsters! And felt horrible that I couldn't eat any more! And they have a table full of desserts, as well! And TONS of other seafood! (I am drooling!)
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Sounds like a good place to meet, Soos....I love lobster too!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 am

Well, then, the lobster place is on I-Drive, right near Sea World! I'll get the name of the place from my son, and the address! Would be much fun to meet for a humungous lobster feast! Maybe Pete would come there, too, if he has time before he leaves on April 2nd. I'll be there from March 30th on, but will be exhausted on the day I get there. However----any time after that until April 8th!
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 am

I sent you a pm, Soos, since we probably shouldn't be talking about a lobster feast on this thread! :lol:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:10 pm

This morning I had my Tues. AM weigh-in. Here's my stats for the past week:
3/17 157.3
3/19 155.6
3/24 154.3
I'm very happy to be continuing to loose weight while being on the stablization part of the weight loss and adding more foods that include fats. Today my caloric intake was upped, and it included was pizza and tacos.
AlmostThere

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:34 pm

CONGRATS, Almostthere! That's a great weight loss! Whatever you are doing, it must be working!
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Sharon, I made the chicken salad today. I found the Ken's dressing you suggested. I was leery to buy it as I've bought so many others and not like them, (and most are expensive), but it did look good in the bottle. When I shook it up I could see little pieces of berries in the dressing. It was good on the salad! Thanks for telling us about it.
AlmostThere

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk