Wonderful Gals & an update

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Wonderful Gals & an update

Postby Wanderer2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm

I am in New Braunfels, TX and thanks to Birdie hooked up with Colleen and Nikki. What nice people. They stirred me in the right direction to get my furnace fixed. Also the refrigerator stopped working during the night and it was a related problem of low voltage. Loose wires coming into the converter. So I learned something new today. I am back in business and can check that off of my list. YAY! Colleen and I had lunch at the Gristmill in Gruene and talked rv stuff. A very nice lady. It is so good to know someone here and to finally meet someone from the forum. I will have to find another gtg to go to so that I can meet the rest of you. The accident damage hopefully will be started on next week. I am staying at Canyon Lake Coe for another week and the repair place does have hookups that I can use so I will see how that all works out.
Thank you all for your encouragement, knowledge and support!
Wanderer2

Re: Wonderful Gals & an update

Postby JudyJB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 pm

So, let us know where you are headed. A lot of us are on the road right now and maybe we can get together.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Wanderer2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Hi Judy

I am going to have to stay in New Braunfels until my accident damage is fixed. Parts are being ordered and it is a 1 1/2 week repair. So I will be here a while. After repairs are done, planning to meet a friend in TX and go to FL, Then NC. Of course it is all jello now, so playing it by ear.
Wanderer2

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Yay! I was hoping some of the sisters from Texas would get hold of you. We are a very varied group of strong women... And if we know one of our forum sisters is near and could use help, most any in this group would be there.

Looking forward to meeting you down the road.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Wanderer2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:50 am

Likewise! Thank you and soon the journey continues :D
Wanderer2

Postby JudyJB » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:02 pm

I'll miss you this trip, but maybe on another loop!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby longdog2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Had a great time meeting up with Linda for lunch, seeing how she has personalized her RV, and meeting Hannah, her lovely white furry traveling companion. We will definitely get back together again as soon as she catches her breath.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 am

Glad you got to meet up with Colleen and Nikki and eat at the Gristmill. I loved my visit to Gruene. I have wondered how Nikki was doing. Hope you get your RV fixed in a timely manor and can get back to having fun.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Wanderer2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 am

Hi Martha-
The repairs should start next week, hopefully. I loved the little town of Gruene! I didn't have time to look around but am going back there while repairs are being done to look around. And shop a little.
Gypsy looks a little sad right now, but soon will be as good as she was. Just an unfortunate incident. Anyway, all is good and I got to talk to some forum ladies. I am going to try to get some pics posted today if I can figure that out. Take care.
Wanderer2

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:32 pm

One of the times I went to Gruene was on trade day weekend. There were a lot of booths setup all over so there was a lot to look at. A lot of little Texas towns have Trade Days.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Birdie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Linda, one of my friends who is not on the forum should be there at Cranes Mill. Look for the yellow Jeep and tell her Birdie sent you. I have already told her you were there, but I didn’t tell her your rig. I will go do that now. (Really, tell me there isn’t 2 yellow Jeeps!) Have fun!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby longdog2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Hope you got my text Linda. Out with a sinus headache today. Looking forward to getting together with you tomorrow or Thursday.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby Wanderer2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Hey Birdie- I met Donna today. She came over this morning. Yellow Jeep, Safari Simba-I spotted her rig after Colleen told me. Anyway, we have met and get together with Colleen sometime this week. Waiting for repairs. It is looking like next week. Waiting on one more part to come in. I will have hookups there(will see how that works out) and rent a car to go explore some. The weather is cold and rainy so playing inside. I was able to finish my floor this week. It looks much better!
Wanderer2

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Linda, what did you do to your floor? The only carpet I have in my Coach House is between the sofa/beds. I have wondered if the floor under the carpet was the same as the front and the bathroom.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Wanderer2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi Martha
Mine was all carpet. Underneath I think it was some kind of hard subfloor. It was white and put down in sections so there were seams which had to be patched. I put down 12 X 12 self stick vinyl tiles of Morroco Slate. Not my first choice, but limited selection off the shelf stuff. It was not easy because nothing is square and there were weird cuts. It took a while because I had to be careful with the cuts. It looks much better and will not show dirt.
Wanderer2

Return to General Talk