Daughters Progress

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Daughters Progress

Postby MandysMom » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Lynn, do you mean Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments? That is what Mel received a few years ago to prepare is jaw for a tooth extraction and root canal, after having had radiation the summer before. Hyperbaric oxygen is putting the whole body under pressure in a sealed tank while receiving pure oxygen. It's like they do with divers who have the bends. It aids regrowth of blood capillaries . It's difficult for some people due to claustrophobia but it works well. Mel's jaw healed from the extraction without a hitch. glad they are helping your daughter with it. There is an increasing list OC conditions it helps.
Velda
PS Bariatric is weight control! LOL
MandysMom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Thanks Velda, of course that is what I mean! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Daughter goes back into the hospital today to have her wound opened and cleaned. It is full of gunk and not healing well. Two nights in hospital then home again.

She went in her w/c to a social gathering Saturday. Her first social gathering since the amputation. Lots of kids there and non thought anything of it. She was worried it might upset them.

She is talking of canceling her summer camping trip...that is still to be decided.

lyn

SoCalGalcas

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Hope they can get her leg to heal better. Good that she is getting out socially a little now. Hope she doesn't cancel the camping trip. She needs to keep doing what she was doing before and not let this keep her from living her life the way she wants.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Irmi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:36 pm

Lyn, I'm glad your daughter is getting the help she needs with cleaning her wound. Hopefully this will remedy the situation. I , too, hope she reconsiders her camping trip this summer. Maybe the two of you can do something in your Lance to see how she would make out. I wish both of you the best.
Irmi

Postby snowball » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 pm

hopefully she will heal better now ....and will go on with life
when my sister had to have her knee replaced the dr.. told her that he didn't know if
he could save her leg after the surgery he told her son and I that he still didn't know...we are
still praying for a good out come...but when I was in Wy for my nephews funeral..my brother
was talking with her daughter about our sister...and I told him and her daughter what she told me
when given the news of perhaps losing her leg...my brother told Nicole that he had a friend that
had his leg removed after many years of pain and whatever he didn't go into details as to the problem only that it was good as now he can put his leg on and they can go skiing yep skiing!!! so guess what my brother was saying is sometimes it is best unfortunately I don't think my sister would see that...but what I am hoping is that perhaps this camping trip would be a goal something to work for and obtain...she can do it if Jim's friend can go skiing she can go camping
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Aww, Lyn, she's doing so well... I hate that there's this set back that can cause her to go backwards and hope after the procedure she can get back on track and positive. My heart goes out to her and you. Hugs... And only good thoughts and wishes.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Prayers for your daughter Lyn. With such strong family support, hopefully this will set her on the way to healing and that she will be open to your annual camping trip. (((((HUGS)))))
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Poor report on daughter this morning. Her wound is not healing and the inspection of it showed deterioration up inside. Is going to see another MD next week. An orthopedic surgeon to evaluate it. May have to remove her knee....will let you know. Lyn

SoCalGalcas

Postby Irmi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Oh Lyn, I'm sorry the news wasn't better for your daughter. Maybe the next Dr. will have another course of action. (((Lyn)))
Irmi

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Oh, Lyn, that's the last thing I wanted to hear. Hugs!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:50 pm

So sorry Lyn. I don’t know what else to say. Hopefully your daughter can stay strong through all that’s coming her way. She’s blessed to have such a good support system. Take care of yourself too.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby avalen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:15 pm

So sorry to hear this
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby cnq50b » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 pm

So sorry... will keep her & you & the entire family in my prayers.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:07 pm

so sorry to read that news....we will hope and pray that there is a change
sheila
snowball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk