Ready to go...

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Ready to go...

Postby DogMom13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Good Morning Ladies!! I got on here today and realized it has been over two years since I had asked any questions or posted anything. First I want to say Thanks to everyone that responded to my questions and gave advice, it was greatly appreciated.
We ended up buying a 25' Class C and it has been nice even though I have only been able to do shorter trips. That is about to change!! The last of the kids are off to College and I have a two week trip planned that will include stops in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin before coming home to Illinois. I also have my short annual trips planned.
All that being said....I thought I would just throw this out there...I would like to meet up at a get together this Summer if it works out. I would like to find some other people that like to hike, explore, maybe shop a little and sit around a campfire!
Diane....
DogMom13

Re: Ready to go...

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:33 pm

I'll be workamping near Mt Rushmore, so if you pass that way, give a shout out. You could spend the entire two weeks in and around the a I'll be in... Without seeing everything!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Good to see you post again, keep posting and let us know how it's going.
I'll be in Colorado early summer, may take a trip go SD as I make my way go Vancouver WA.
I'll be in Wisconsin probably in 2019 but that's a future trip still in the works.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Rufflesgurl » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Dog Mom. What kind of dog(s) do you have? What 25' Class C did you get? I have a 25' Navion 2 slides and travel
with my Shih Tzu. There are some gathering in Bandon, OR (on the Pacific Ocean) this summer.
Have fun travels.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby DogMom13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 pm

I will be in Rapid City June 6-9 and will have a car to do all my running around. Will you be workamping at a campground? Workamping is something I keep looking at. Maybe someday I will look into it a little more seriously. Right now I have a great "as needed" job that I can take a few weeks off of at a time. But things can change quickly.
When I figure out how to post my pictures I will show you the Thor 23U that we got. It has no slides. I have to put stairs in so my dog can get in the bed. The stairs take up too much room and I get tired of moving stuff around. After only having it a few years I am already thinking about a different one. Maybe this longer trip will help me decide.
I currently have a chihuahua mix named Lucy, and a chihuahua named Harvey. Hopefully pictures of them will come soon too.
Diane....
DogMom13

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 pm

I work at a store in Keystone... So we'll have to gtg when you're in the area!

I currently have steps for my girl to get in our bed. I'm so used to it that I'd miss the space under... Where her food now is stored lol.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Colliemom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:52 pm

I’m up here in Northern Michigan. If you are going to be around MI at all. Be glad to meet up with you. Might be in WI too, but not sure when. Have been giving though to planning a GTG, but not sure where.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby DogMom13 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:19 pm

Beth...Getting together sounds great. You will have to give me your thoughts on "must see" attractions and things that could probably be skipped.

I love Northern Michigan. I will be passing through Houghton, maybe the beginning of August, hopefully. I am trying to go back to Isle Royale again this year.

By the way I tried attaching a picture for my "avatar." I am not very good on the computer. lol I should have time to try again this weekend.
Diane....
DogMom13

Return to General Talk