New Rigs, New Questions or Same Old

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

New Rigs, New Questions or Same Old

Postby Colliemom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:56 am

With a New Year ahead, anybody thinking of getting a new rig, remodeling your current one or just chugging along in the tried and trusty same old. There are new members out there who have hopes and dreams too. Got questions, ask away. There’s a wealth of knowledge in this forum and there’s no such thing as a dumb question :)

I’ll be keeping my current trailer, but have some cosmetic upgrades and one remodel project in mind once spring gets here.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: New Rigs, New Questions or Same Old

Postby OregonLuvr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 am

I guess I fall in the "tried and trusty" group. After having my Motorhome for 10 years I have done all the upgrades I have wanted. Now it is just the routine and unexpected maintenance needed.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby chalet05 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Cudedog wrote:please delete post
If you go to edit in the upper right hand corner of your post, you can delete it yourself. :)

A timely question in my life! I have worn myself out the last couple of years, was getting pretty uptight about finding overnight parking on the road, any alone time was regrouping and not getting anything but basics accomplished plus some major issues. I was seriously considering giving up this lifestyle. A tiny apartment in many areas of Washington State is $1600 a month - I can stay monthly in some pretty nice campgrounds for that amount! So ruled out totally settling down. I started looking at what needs to be done in the camper. I visited Paulette and really liked the floor space in her living area so gave another rig a thought. Well, that's just too much trouble. :lol: LeRoy made so many great mods in this one.

First project is getting rid of day/night blinds at dinette that keep getting brown stains from somewhere. Bought a blackout curtain 85" long and making it into two panels. Got it all cut and pinned yesterday, took a break to fill fresh water and empty gray. That 20 minute chore took well over an hour because a guy stopped to visit - and not even about the Sling! This morning I got the sewing machine out and spent 15 minutes looking for the thread I had out yesterday! Found it so now I can go sew after I finish lunch.

If all projects go like this, I'll never be done!

The project I dread most is refinishing cabinets.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Cudedog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:10 pm

chalet05 wrote:
If you go to edit in the upper right hand corner of your post, you can delete it yourself. :).

Well. . . no, it seems not: http://womenrv.com/forum/faq.php#f2r1:

"You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply; it will not appear if a moderator or administrator edited the post, though they may leave a note as to why they’ve edited the post at their own discretion. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied."

Thanks, though. :)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:55 pm

No plans here, but that said, if I come across a cute little affordable trailer, I may change my mind! Saw a really cute vintage trailer on CL last week that was all fixed up but it got sold right away. Lots of stuff to keep busy with at home this year...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby chalet05 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Cudedog wrote:
chalet05 wrote:
If you go to edit in the upper right hand corner of your post, you can delete it yourself. :).

Well. . . no, it seems not: http://womenrv.com/forum/faq.php#f2r1:

Anne

Sorry about that! Have never had an issue!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Cudedog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:52 pm

No worries, Anita.

Appreciate the help. Thank you. :-)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:20 pm

I deleted the post, Anne.

I'm making little changes to my rig as since the decision to keep this one, the things I want done will start getting done. One of the first was removing the bathroom door and replacing it with a curtain.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:15 pm

Anita, if you can haul a sewing machine around you have more storage than I do. lol

I would like a newer motorhome but it seems pointless since I can't travel very far. I know I want another Coach House but can't make up my mind about the floor plan. I look at rvtrader almost every day. The right one will come along sometime.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby RitaMc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Here in Minnesota we have the "69 Shasta Lo Flyte and love it. We each have a bunk on either end. Breezie and I get the dinette end. When we are all snuggled up for the night I feel like I am in a roomette on Amtrak. It is nice to have our own bunks where we can stretch out. The only draw back with the vintage trailer is no bathroom. We don't mind using the camp sites restrooms but at night we like to have facilities. We took the furnace out and converted that space into a storage area for a potty that comes out at night. In Arizona we have the 2013 Micro Lite which has all the mod conveniences. Full bathroom which we love, sofa instead of dinette and a double bed at the front end. The only draw back to the bed is it is parallel with the front wall. Which means whoever is sleeping in the back has to crawl over the other person if getting up at night. I'm not so sure we will keep that trailer. Maybe sell it and get one that fits our needs better. We have the bigger trailer in Arizona too so when not going on side trips we have all the amenities we need. We leave for Yuma 3 weeks from today. YA HOO. I would have preferred to leave right after Christmas but things kept us in Minnesota. We will get 6 weeks of sun and desert before having to return home. Besides in expected affairs our biggest reason for staying in MN is our grand daughter. Being in our 70's we are spending as much time with her as possible to create good memories for her. By the time she is in school full time we will spend more time in the SW.
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby snowball » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:13 am

I will be keeping the same however would love to paint at the least the bedroom
living room needs some help wish I could afford new furniture but oh well won't
happen this year
sheila
snowball

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 pm

RitaMc wrote: The only draw back with the vintage trailer is no bathroom. We don't mind using the camp sites restrooms but at night we like to have facilities. We took the furnace out and converted that space into a storage area for a potty that comes out at night.

No "bathroom" in my van, either - but I have never minded using camp site rest rooms when traveling. I also have a Thetford that is stored out of sight while driving, that can easily be pulled out at night for "emergencies". When I first started in with camping I didn't want a porta-potty. Now I don't know how I made it without one!

Last fall, I was on my way to visit my daughter (not a camping trip), driving down the freeway during the day, and found myself in sudden need of a "pit stop". I pulled off the freeway, but there was no pit stop anywhere to be found quickly.

Key word here being "quickly". :lol:

What I finally did (well, not too "finally" - really pdq!) was to pull to the back of a grocery store parking lot and pull out the Thetford. Whew! Lucky I had that thing along, and it wasn't even a camping trip!!

That's my contribution for today. Probably more than anyone wants to know about, erm, "other matters". Heh. :roll: :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby MandysMom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Anne, among the last days out of Vegas, before the new bridge opened, we were on our way to AZ when construction brought us to a complete stop---for nearly 2 hours! Boy was I glad we were in my van the Leisure Travel. We had cold drinks, food, and a potty! I felt for those in cars that day!
All ok here. Record setting 24 hrs rain but we are high and dry.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 pm

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I do not have so many maintenance costs this year. It has really put me behind financially, especially since I am taking a trip to the UK this year. Also, I have really been focusing on keeping my costs lower to pay for that trip, so the unplanned things really bit into my funds!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby asirimarco » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:04 am

Bill decided he wanted the graphics on the RV to match the Graphics on the Jeep. It is now a work in progress. And has turned into a major inconvience - for e anyway. Wrote about it in the blog.
factory graphics.
kind of what it will look like when done.
the jeep

painter did the RV here in the campground - one side - he does not like the wa it turned out so wants to take it to his shop for 4 or 5 days to do this side over and finish the other side. Cant leave it like it is...
asirimarco

Next

Return to General Talk