Laguna Beach

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Laguna Beach

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 pm

I was gone on a camping trip to Laguna Beach for three days this past week end. Has that town grown!!!!! Spread out in both directions, N&S, and up on the high hills behind.
Years ago, when I was a child, the only way to go North was through Laguna Beach. There was a man who always,
Always, stood on a corner and waved to the traffic going by. Nature BOY WE called him. He is gone now and the town put up a statue of :o him waving! Nice!!!!!
I missed the news of your BIL passing,, Sheila. Is your sister OK? What about the son? I will be in Q soon. Love you.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Laguna Beach

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Love that they put up a statue of the waving man! That's awesome.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Laguna Beach

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:33 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:I was gone on a camping trip to Laguna Beach for three days this past week end. Has that town grown!!!!! Spread out in both directions, N&S, and up on the high hills behind.
Years ago, when I was a child, the only way to go North was through Laguna Beach. There was a man who always,
Always, stood on a corner and waved to the traffic going by. Nature BOY WE called him. He is gone now and the town put up a statue of :o him waving! Nice!!!!!
I missed the news of your BIL passing,, Sheila. Is your sister OK? What about the son? I will be in Q soon. Love you.
Lyn

my sister is still in rehab...and although she is doing the what if stuff...told her it didn't do any good but get it even after 5 years I still do it.. her son didn't seem to bother him to much but then perhaps it did then I wasn't here so don't know the initial moment...their daughter seems to be having a tough time...he has other children as well some not seen in the last at least 34 years that is how long they have been married...and a son who is here and then not here...I think he is sorta ok saw him at the hospital and he came over did some work to help my sister out which was so nice of him...looking forward to seeing you the memorial is on the 6th hope to return home on either the 8th or 9th will see you when you get there
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk