Checkbook Software such as Quicken??

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Checkbook Software such as Quicken??

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:30 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:Well, LOPO, hi! Glad you are still reading us if not posting! Hope all is well with you. Happy New Year lyn

What Lyn said. Glad to see you!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:09 pm

I have been a Quicken user for decades and I do like it especially at tax time. I do not do any on-line banking so all entries are manual and that can be a pain but it is a choice.
Good luck. Let us know what you decide
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby glindsley » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:58 pm

I am following some of the tax comments and questions and wondered, if we have an RV that we live in for the winter, we don't have any tax advantage for that, do we? Like some sort of write-offs as a second home or something?? I thought of it as all recreational and really no real impact on my taxes. All my money goes in and out automatically, except any medical or dental bills, so I rarely have anything to track, but I also have basically no deductions. :(
glindsley

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:53 pm

if you are itemizing, it's possible in some cases, you could have some deductions, one would be if you have a loan. But every situation is different and I recommend talking to an accountant.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:17 pm

I have been able to deduct the finance cost on my rig under "second home." I don't know what was included in the last tax bill that went through but, no longer allowing that deduction, was one of the ways they were going to save money for the government..... I'll find out in the beginning of March!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby MandysMom » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:31 am

Tina, you will be able to do the deduction for 2017 taxes (those due April 2018) but not 2018 taxes due April 2019. The new rules are for the 2018 tax year.
Velda
MandysMom

Previous

Return to General Talk