Haddie isn't into Santa!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Haddie isn't into Santa!

Postby Bethers » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:20 am

What a great story about Lenny. He's definitely a treasure.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Colliemom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 am

Great picture Pat. Even if Santa is probably too tired or exasperated to really smile, it still is great. Almost like a painting, really. Great guy. The community is lucky to have him.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Cudedog » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am

Sorry! I certainly didn't mean to dis Santa.

A couple of years ago at the local government office where I used to work (retired now!) one of the high-up bosses came around dressed (to the nines!) as Santa. I was in my early 60's then.

Of course, we all knew who it was. He was very jolly, came up and greeted each and every staff member individually, wished them a Merry Christmas, did the ho-ho-ho thing, and gave each one a candy cane.

I could see him going around the outer office, but I kind of worked in a more secluded area, and wasn't sure he would have time to get to me. He did, though! Santa didn't forget! :lol:

When it came my turn, and he handed me my peppermint candy cane (my favorite) I quite surprised myself by bursting into tears. Santa was a little startled too, I think. ;) I soon composed myself, and wished him back a Merry Christmas.

It was a pleasant surprise, I guess, to be recognized by Santa once again, after so many years.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Previous

Return to General Talk