RV Superbag - (UPDATE)

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

RV Superbag - (UPDATE)

Postby monik7 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:37 am

I’m wondering if anyone has an RV Superbag. It’s similar to a Travasack in that there’s a winter-weight comforter on one side and a lighter-weight comforter for summer on the other. Sheets inside attach with Velcro. It all zips up on the two sides and bottom. Since I got my RV 5 1/2 years ago I’ve been using a sleeping bag. I’ve decided I really would like to have sheets and a more traditional setup. My sleeping area is tight so the Superbag sounds like it would be easy to make up in the morning plus being much more comfortable than a sleeping bag. Any input?
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: RV Superbag

Postby avalen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:03 pm

I use regular sheets and blankets.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm

I looked at them and find they are too much work for me. I have a back corner bed and after getting used to it, it's not hard to make and a breeze to make daily. Using regular sheets and a comforter.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:57 pm

I have seen people rave about the Travasack. I would think you'd like it, Sandi, particularly since you have been using a sleeping bag. My mother found a way to tie sheets into sleeping bags. My problem is I often need my feet out from under the covers so sleeping bag type is not for me.

Being in such hot weather for many months this year, I started just sleeping on top of the comforter - eventually put a sheet over it. My bed is a royal pain to put a fitted sheet on so the heck with it. Now on some colder nights, I just reach for a folded up blanket.
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 pm

I think this setup would work well in my RV. Since my queen bed is in the slide that comes out the back, it’s not conducive to make up like a regular bed as Alice does.
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby Othersharon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Sandi, I looked at the super bag but the price changed my mind! I use 2 flat sheets when I make my bed since my living room is my bedroom too and it’s impossible to tuck the sheets. What I did was take the 2 sheets and sewed a seam across the bottom and a bit up each side. Then if I need a blanket I just toss it over me. I can still get my feet uncovered out the sides but at least I’m not fighting to keep sheets together at the bottom. It’s like they’re tucked in. And since I got the sheets on sale I saved a bunch of money!! I’ve thought about using Velcro and sewing it on a blanket and onto the sheet but so far how I’m doing it works!
Othersharon

Postby Cougarfan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 am

I've had my Travasak since 2006 and I love it! I think it is better than the sleeping bag and the sheets that came with mine are really nice. I don't know anything about the Superbag other than it is the same design.

I think it would be great for your RV Sandi.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby Liz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:06 am

Take a look at this website, Sandi. If you have a standard size twin mattress it works perfect. They are made with children in mind, but I bought the striped "dorm/teen" pattern for my Roadtrek. They are a bit large for my mini-twin beds, but so simple to make, wash and replace. I still have the 2 twin travasacks I used in previous RTs. I like them, but found replacing the velcroed sheets after washing tedious. They do have full/queen size also.

https://www.zipitbedding.com
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:37 pm

I have used sheets with a comforter for years....just like the sheets. I have a down filled throw for those cold nights in Quartzite!. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:45 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:I have used sheets with a comforter for years....just like the sheets. I have a down filled throw for those cold nights in Quartzite!. Lyn

What Liz posted could be nice, but I need a top sheet. And I replace my comforter just about every year... Anyone on FB has seen pictures of how she can remake the bed LOL

But I think Liz posted something that might be perfect for Sandi, at a much better price point.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 pm

I use a fitted bottom sheet and now have at least three thinner down blankets that I have picked up on sale here and there. I did try the heavier down quilt covered with a duvet but have gone back to multiple lighter weight choices. There are the one cover nights in the summer, the two cover nights and the three cover nights that can expand to include tights and long sleeved shirts. :) I like that all the covers are easily washed up in a normal washer and I don't worry about the dogs getting on them.....

They are very soft and smooth so I don't miss that top sheet. It was one more thing to twist and turn in during the night. Remi approves on cold nights when he decides that under the covers pressed up against my back works well for him.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby JudyJB » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 pm

I use a bottom fitted sheet and cotton coverlet only on my bed, but I have a down throw for chilly nights, and a down comforter in my under-bed storage if it really gets cold.

I know some people need top sheets, but I choose cotton coverlets that are 100% cotton and very soft, so it feels very much like a sheet. I also make sure they are finished on both sides and smooth so my toenails don't get caught. They wash up nicely and make it easy to make my bed in the morning. Most of the coverlets I have owned have been a little too big, so I just tuck the extra on the wall side of my bed and get in on only one side. That really makes the bed easy to make.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Judy, I could do a cotton coverlet... That would mimic a sheet for me. And like you be all I need many nights.

I'm enjoying reading this thread and how different we are in something like bedding :)
Beth
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:07 pm

I think what everyone doesn’t realize is that the way my bed is situated within the slide, I cannot use anything that is fitted. That would require pulling anything fitted, at least at the top half of the bed, off the mattress when the slide needs to be brought in. That would be a pain then and also to have to put back on when I put the slide out. So this is the reason for my using a sleeping bag the last 5+ years. Too lazy to think of something else. Finally getting to the point where I’d like sheets has brought me to looking at the Superbag because there’s nothing to be fitted or tucked in. Also I get really cold and can’t just get along with lightweight most of the time. Death Valley might be the exception to that. :lol:
Sandi

monik7

Postby Cougarfan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Sandi, doesn't half your mattress stack on the other half when you bring the slide in? I think the Superbag would be a great way to have sheets and minimal labor getting it set up for your situation.

I vote yes :lol:

Laura
Cougarfan

Next

Return to General Talk