RV Superbag - (UPDATE)

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: RV Superbag

Postby JudyJB » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Sandi, that sounds like an awful setup. Some engineer figured it would be OK as long as he could fit it all in! :(

We need to get after these RV designers and give them a piece or two of our collective minds. They design things so they look good and work mechanically, but a lot of the time, it does not really work practically, hence we end up struggling doing simple, everyday things.

And Beth, when you buy a coverlet, make sure it is 100% cotton and open the plastic bag it comes in to actually feel it. Mine is lightweight, so it works for warmer climates, and then I toss on the down throw when I need it for colder nights. And because I still have small hot flashes, I spend most of the night tossing it on and then off.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby monik7 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Cougarfan wrote:Sandi, doesn't half your mattress stack on the other half when you bring the slide in? I think the Superbag would be a great way to have sheets and minimal labor getting it set up for your situation.

I vote yes :lol:

Laura

You’re right Laura. That’s exactly why I was considering the Superbag.

And Judy, I don’t consider it an “awful setup.” I really like my RV and at this point wouldn’t trade it for anything else. In addition, in 5 years it NEVER had to go back to the dealer for ANYTHING except regular maintenance to the chassis and the house or back to the factory. So looking for a sleeping arrangement that works for me is much easier than the headaches caused by manufacturing defects and other problems. I’m happy. :)
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Liz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:48 am

Sounds like the Superbag would work best for you.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby brendac » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:41 am

Sandi,
I just saw this. My bed is in a slide out the back too and I have no problem with regular fitted sheet and a comforter with duvet cover. No top sheet so no tucking things in. If your mattress is like mine, the back half stacks on top of the front half when the slide is in, all I had to do was unsnap the two snaps at the head of the mattress from the slide, while standing at the foot of the bed, I pull the back half forward, with back stacked on top, secure the fitted sheet to the top of the bed, slide it back into position for sleeping,(those two snaps remain loose) and secure foot of fitted sheet to foot of mattress by unsnapping one snap on each side. Works like a charm. I find this is the easiest rv mattress I have ever had to make up. Don't even have to unmake the bed for travelling, everything, including comforter folds when the mattress moves forward.
Hope this helps. Good luck with whatever you decide. Maybe we will meet up some time.
Brenda
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Re: RV Superbag - (UPDATE)

Postby monik7 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:32 pm

I’ve spent two nights now in my RV Superbag and the rating as far as I’m concerned is “Excellent.” It’s so nice to have sheets after 5 1/2 years of a sleeping bag. It’s easy to set up for sleeping and just as easy to fold away when bringing the slide in. So I’m very happy I found it. The dogs seem to like it too. They are the ones who messed it up! :lol: They always have to make a “nest.”
Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Yay! Glad to hear it. I'd want sheets also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:57 pm

That looks nice, even "messed up." Glad you are happy with it.
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby monik7 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 am

Here’s a better picture without sleepy dogs. They’re the reason I chose a darker color.

All put away
Sandi

monik7

Postby Liz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Looks great!
Liz
Liz

Postby Cougarfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 am

Looks perfect for you! I thought you would like it! Enjoy those sheets!!!

Laura
Cougarfan

Previous

Return to General Talk