Not so good mammo

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Not so good mammo

Postby Cudedog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 am

Carolinagal wrote: I lived in a lovely area for these excursions, I'm missing it so much already. I have to keep thinking of the shape so much of it was getting in and all the work I really can't do anymore and to find reliable help is impossible.

Carol:

I needed to go back and check my posts to make sure that I hadn't written this! ;) ALL your points here are just TOO true for me as well. Thank you for writing this. It was very comforting.

I lived in a beautiful, rural area of the California Sierra foothills for nearly 30 years. I miss it so much also. I have been a physically strong, independent, "get 'er done" (whatever needed to be done!), type of woman my entire life. I now see things slowly changing. There are many things I used to be able to do, that I either can't or no longer wish to do (hanging drywall is one thing that comes to mind!). Those things I can still do, I can see that I will no longer be able to do in the future.

Getting out in one's camper is an excellent, the BEST, suggestion. I need to do this more often

Alice, my thoughts are with you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby avalen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:23 pm

I sure appreciate your stories, makes me feel and know I'm not alone.
Certainly it will be just fine, but I won't know until next week. Appt is on the 3rd.
I'll keep ya posted.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby gingerK » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:21 pm

Had exact same thing as Laura right down to the ultrasound waiting if they couldn't determine it. Came back fine. Sure wish when they call you back for a second mammo, they would do it immediately so you don't have to sit and stew. Prayers!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:51 pm

gingerK wrote:Had exact same thing as Laura right down to the ultrasound waiting if they couldn't determine it. Came back fine. Sure wish when they call you back for a second mammo, they would do it immediately so you don't have to sit and stew. Prayers!

I'm amazed most if you weren't... I was called and they insisted on next day... And insisted I wait for results before getting dressed after. If it hadn't been late in the afternoon I think I would have had to go back same day. I can't imagine waiting and stewing about it like you're having to do, Alice. Hang in there!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cougarfan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Bethers wrote:
gingerK wrote:Had exact same thing as Laura right down to the ultrasound waiting if they couldn't determine it. Came back fine. Sure wish when they call you back for a second mammo, they would do it immediately so you don't have to sit and stew. Prayers!

I'm amazed most if you weren't... I was called and they insisted on next day... And insisted I wait for results before getting dressed after. If it hadn't been late in the afternoon I think I would have had to go back same day. I can't imagine waiting and stewing about it like you're having to do, Alice. Hang in there!

I had my first Mammogram on September 7. My 2nd was September 27. I told the person that called to schedule the 2nd one on the 27th "okay but I'm leaving on September 30 for a 2-week vacation so if you find anything, we'll deal with it when I get back." It was totally silent on the other end of the phone for a few seconds LOL

I think if you get called back for a 2nd, they should schedule it stat so you get right in. I agree that there is no excuse to make people wonder or worry and in my case, if I would've had a different attitude, I'd have been a basket case after 3 weeks. I had a stupid pain in my side that kept me up at night so I was more focused on that than being called back for the 2nd mammogram. If I hadn't had the pain, I might have felt different about the wait. The pain is resolved and the 2nd mammo was nothing so I'm all good now.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:40 am

Those repeat calls are surprisingly frequent. I freaked out the first time it happened to me. Have had several repeats since and no problems.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Previous

Return to General Talk