Where's Liz? Washington, DC

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Where's Liz? Washington, DC

Postby Liz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Catching up on an old one from this summer. My trip to the big city with Tina and Paulette. I never would have done it without them, but would feel better about doing it again. http://wheresliz2017.blogspot.com/2017/10/washington-dc.html
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Where's Liz? Washington, DC

Postby elkriverrats » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Haha I got excited thinking you were back in DC. I am headed to Great Falls on Sunday to hike :)
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby snowball » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 pm

looks like a really neat visit...glad you over came your fear...we all benefited from that :)
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 pm

I love D.C. Last time there I spent three days at the Smithsonian and still didn't see much. I haven't been since RVing... So it's fun reminiscing through your trip.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MandysMom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:16 am

What is shocking to me is to realize I stood in Arlington Cenetary over half a century ago, when that grave was still being constructed. I so enjoyed the visit my Mom and I made to the city. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to go now.

Velda
MandysMom

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 am

What a neat trip! I love the Smithsonian -- a person could spend a whole week on the Mall, easily. I always feel like I've just scratched the surface. If I ever got a chance to sublet an apartment for a month or two, I would -- though probably not in midsummer. :lol:

Interesting that the protesters were kept to the back of the White House, though not surprising. I remember wandering back there once during the Nixon years and seeing five big buses full of men in riot gear, just waiting. That was unnerving!
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Return to General Talk